Do dedicated routes pay less?

Discussion in 'FedEx' started by canviskiller, Aug 8, 2017.

1. Stimpyjr

Stimpyjr Bobtail Member

Jul 29, 2017
    I guess none of the contractors want to let the cat out of the bag.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MoonlightServices

MoonlightServices Bobtail Member

Sep 16, 2016
    Northern Kentucky
    I spelled it out in plain English multiple times in several threads about this -

But the "know it all army" thatvarent contractors wanted to argue with me.

Our increase is about 7 cents a mile net.

Dan.S, Stimpyjr, viper822004 and 2 others Thank this.
  4. Stimpyjr

Stimpyjr Bobtail Member

Jul 29, 2017
    Okay I appreciate the info but I'm new here I'm sorry if I upset you I didn't know

5. MoonlightServices

MoonlightServices Bobtail Member

Sep 16, 2016
    Northern Kentucky
    You didn't upset me at all :)

I just see a lot of bad information floating around

Stimpyjr Thanks this.
  6. jtaran06

jtaran06 Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2007
    western ky
    All of our dedicated line haul routes pay the same. Hourly

7. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Ive run wild. Ive also run dedicated.

Dedicated is less of a stressor than running wild. After a while you settle into a routine which is pretty nice. McKesson of Memphis for example. Medicines to Detriot overnight for the morning, reloaded in 15 minutes with cardboard waste right back, drop, hook a new load and were off again.

Running wild? Eh.... some weeks are better than others. And it's somewhat more stressful because sometimes dispatch tosses a enormous problem wrench into our current load that now has to be dropped and go after a problem load hauled by a single. As a team it's much easier.

One time Chicago dispatch asked us to take a detrioter single back into Ontario which was suffering a winter blow that we just got clear of via outbound Buffalo. We had a Phoenix load on paying 2500 miles, we told Chicago we are Phoenix bound.

Figures that was the last time Chicago wanted anything to do with us. For what was going on in Ontario with a winter storm, problem load in detroit and miles just not in our favor. Not with 2500 miles for Phoenix on our back.

Lo and behold Phoenix did well by us. But it was not winter time conditions so you can say we managed to escape that time.

8. Steel Curtain

Steel Curtain Light Load Member

Feb 22, 2014
    No, the only benefit of dedicated is you know what your pay check will be every week.

9. Steel Curtain

Feb 22, 2014
    Really, is that why every contractor wants a dedicated run ?. Sounds like a lie to me

10. Steel Curtain

Feb 22, 2014
    Never do favors for Chicago they will put the screws to you, they asked one of our teams to do a favor and was told if you do we will give you a dedicated run three days in a row, they did the favor, did the dedicated run once then got screwed out of it. That hub caters to the Russians that dominate that area, they will look you in the face and say they don't have anything, then give out 20 loads to them.

LoneCowboy Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.