Do I have to speak with my assigned recruiter?

Discussion in 'Prime' started by Otto, Aug 11, 2016.

1. Otto

Otto Bobtail Member

Apr 22, 2012
    SW Michigan
    I'm tired of my job and wanted to go OTR for awhile. After looking at a couple companies I thought Prime looked like a decent place. I applied and was assigned a recruiter but I just can not get ahold of them. I've been trying for two weeks.

They never pick up the phone and I've left a couple messages that haven't been returned. If I get a hold of a different recruiter is it possible to switch?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Call Jim Palmer Trucking, they haul freight for Prime but use full size trucks.
    /check:
    Abilene Motor Express - trucks run 68 mph.
    NTB Trucking
    Holland Enterprises Inc.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2016
  4. 123456

123456 Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2010
    You're better off sticking with the same recruiter, usually.

Call when you have time to sit and wait for him to answer his phone.

email is Not the way to get in touch with them, usually...........

Patience,

you'll need to have alot of it anyway.............

Puppage Thanks this.
  5. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Lots of patience, he's competing with 150 other people trying to squeeze into orientation every week.

123456 Thanks this.
  6. SHOJim

SHOJim Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Columbus, Ohio
    Maybe switch companies instead of recruiters?

Mudguppy and Chinatown Thank this.
  7. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    If he'd picked another company in the beginning, he'd already be on the road.

123456 Thanks this.
  8. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
  9. Otto

Otto Bobtail Member

Apr 22, 2012
    SW Michigan
    I guess I'll just keep trying. I'd rather go with a training company because I've never done OTR and I feel like I have alot to learn. I've heard Prime is one of the best. Hopefully they are just really busy and aren't blowing me off or something.

I'm just so tired of the place I'm at. It's a local government job and it's like they just don't give a crap. They never want to give out enough chains or straps to be legal. The trucks are old as hell and most people never inspect them. Any time I get switched there is a 50/50 chance the other truck isn't even safe to drive. Then they always give me crap for putting "another" truck down for repairs.

I shouldn't have to feel bad for trying to be safe and I just won't do it anymore.

10. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    There's plenty of companies that give excellent training. Prime is just another training company like many others. Jim Palmer is also at the top of the heap and their classes are much, much smaller which means you're not shoved through like cattle. If Prime really needed you, you would have already been in Springfield and on the road. That's your call though, not mine or anyone elses.
    Companies like Prime, Maverick, TMC, etc. get 100's of applications every day. They cherry pick what they consider the best and the others keep being shifted to the bottom of the pile to be used when they are desperate for drivers.
    One guy on here about 3 weeks ago applied to Prime and was in orientation in just a few days.

11. ‘Olhand

‘Olhand Cantankerous Crusty

Jan 18, 2011
    Seriously? 150 a week.....what does prime do....raid homeless shelters....and disagree all you want Prime just like the rest of the Megas have no redeeming qualities....other than rob people of their dignity&con them into covering most of the expenses the company should be covering

thejackal Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.