Do i need a cb shop?

Discussion in 'CB Radio Forum' started by Lazy, Jun 7, 2019.

1. Lazy

Lazy Light Load Member

Jun 26, 2018
    Ive been using an external speaker on my cb and noticed its been quiet lately which is pretty normal sadly... untill i picked up very faint noises of a nearby convo. You could only hear if you had your ear next to it. Thinking its just the speaker going bad ( it shouldnt be its not that old ) i unplugged and it to see if its just the speaker gone bad. If i call for a radio check i wont be sure if just no one is answering me or something is broken. So what to do?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Ffx95

Ffx95 Road Train Member

May 18, 2017
    Park at a truckstop around 8pm when almost all the spots are taken. Open up the squelch and ask for a radio check. Huge chance someone in the lot will reply.

rabbiporkchop Thanks this.
  4. Lazy

Lazy Light Load Member

Jun 26, 2018
    I'll give that a try thanks, if my speakers are bad probably needs to get taken to a shop
    right?

5. Ffx95

Ffx95 Road Train Member

May 18, 2017
    If it’s a cheap external speaker I’d just get a new one. If not then sure check see what the shop can do for you.

6. rabbiporkchop

rabbiporkchop Road Train Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    I'd test the speaker jack on the back of the radio. The microphone might have a bad connection to the receive wire also.
    It helps to have a spare microphone and speaker for testing.

7. Windmill Hill

Windmill Hill Light Load Member

May 26, 2019
    Central Indiana
    I know when I had grounding and coax issues, the sound from my external speaker would decrease by about 75% when the system would short out.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.