Do i need a doctors note for werner enterprises?

Discussion in 'Werner' started by Divadanidem, May 17, 2022.

1. Divadanidem

Divadanidem Bobtail Member

Nov 22, 2021
    I take lisinopril been on it for 1 year. Do i need a docs note from pcp or am i good as long as bp is fine?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. JoeyJunk

JoeyJunk Road Train Member

Dec 31, 2010
    Washington, PA
    Regardless of the law, get a note. Just to cover your butt in case they want one. You don’t want to be delayed or worse stuck far from home without a job. I almost got stuck in Memphis when the law’s changed on certain meds and I was unaware of it.

4. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    Never heard of giving the company a note for your B/P meds. Your DOT physical will document that your B/P is under control as will the fact that you should only get a one year card.

5. JoeyJunk

Dec 31, 2010
    Washington, PA
    Company doctors sometimes require weird and stupid things. Better to be prepared IMO.

6. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    i never supplied such a note...however, nowadays one never knows the new rules companies come up with.

if you do get a doctors note, do not show it, until they demand it..never volunteer anything

roshea, lual, Iamoverit and 5 others Thank this.
  7. JoeyJunk

Dec 31, 2010
    Washington, PA
    Keep it handy and when they think they caught you unprepared, slam it down on the table like your playing dominoes!

Iamoverit, DDRdan, Divadanidem and 4 others Thank this.
  8. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    [​IMG]

9. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

Bring the note, but only show it to someone if they ask. If you list high BP or BP medication on your DOT medical form you will get a 1 year DOT medical card. It doesn't matter if your BP numbers are good, BP meds = 1 year card. If you are not prescribed medications all the look at is the BP numbers. If anyone is borderline at the exam, proper procedure for testing BP is to have the patient sit quietly for 5 minutes, no talking, no activity. Then measure the BP. Most times the clinics like to measure your BP while you are talking, doing other things, etc. Insist on the 5 minute rest and quiet if you need it. It never hurts to mention white coat syndrome, the fear of a doctor taking away your income raises your BP briefly.

10. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    Don't forget your medication bottle as well! Hell bring anything that documents that.

lual, tscottme, Divadanidem and 3 others Thank this.
  11. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    You should have a copy of the prescription for any drug you've taken in the last 6 months. 99 times it won't be needed, just like 99 times I won't need a flare when I go camping, but it still gets packed.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.