Do i need to get a cb?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by jgreene85, Mar 25, 2013.

1. Gold_Miner

Gold_Miner Medium Load Member

Nov 4, 2011
    Burnet, TX
    I leave mine on with the Sqeulch set pretty high. If something is going on with one of my tires, lights or other then other truckers will let you know. My GPS has wifi enabled to my Cell Phone hot spot, I get real time traffic on that, but many times if you are in a traffic situations, you can get information from other drivers on which land is best to be in. Also you can reciprocate and help other drivers the same way I mentioned above. If all drivers did this, it would be a great place.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mattbnr

mattbnr Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2010
    Tama,Iowa
    i have yet to turn mine on after 4 years. nothing but bs and cb rambos out there talking about stuff no one cares about. i turned it on once in chicago to ask for directions and all i got was some local d*ck saying get the ##### out of his city. turned it off and havent turned it on since. its just added weight in my truck as of now.

4. Lepton1

Lepton1 Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2012
    Yukon, OK
    I might know an artist that would want your CB to add to his "Archaic Technology" sculpture he's doing...

5. Cowpie1

Cowpie1 Road Train Member

Nov 25, 2008
    Kellogg, IA
    Well, in the last two weeks I have avoided a few backups due to construction or wrecks thanks to my CB. Heard about the problems, and took another way around them. I don't really talk much on it, but I do listen in. Yeah, there is a lot of idiots on the CB's, and I do turn it off when things get out of hand. But once I get away nearby truck stops and such where these brain dead folks usually hang out, I turn it back on. A couple of days ago, a guy let me know that one of the springs that supports my air lines under the trailer had fallen. Pulled in and did a quick fix, and then was on my way. With a scale house coming up about 40 miles down the road, that was nice of that driver to let me know.

6. Pmracing

Pmracing Road Train Member

Jan 28, 2011
    Arlington Heights, IL
    I got the exact call on the CB. Spring broke and air line was dragging and already scuffed pretty good. It would not have lasted more than another half hour on the highway!

Mikeeee

7. ethos

ethos Road Train Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Houston
    Now that you mention it I saved a Wal Mart driver after his trailer spring broke.

8. Anthony921

Anthony921 Bobtail Member

Jul 21, 2013
    I bought a cb a couple a week ago to put into my truck once i go solo the guy i bought it from it was i kid u not brand new still in the bix mic and adapters to hold cb in place for only 50.00 never been installed or touch. The guy i bought it from said he wanted to sell it he had no use for it

9. Pmracing

Pmracing Road Train Member

Jan 28, 2011
    Arlington Heights, IL
    I was telling, anyone with it on, about the exit backed up onto the expressway southbound on 55 this afternoon. I heard no replies.

Mikeeee

10. Cowpie1

Cowpie1 Road Train Member

Nov 25, 2008
    Kellogg, IA
    You did your part. It was up to them from that point onward.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.