DO NOT Blindly follow your GPS

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Dockbumper, Mar 30, 2021.

1. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    To be fair there are a lot of businesses with multiple locations in a town. If I have an address on the paperwork, that's where I'm going first. If they moved, and not simply opened another warehouse, they need to beat the suppliers until the suppliers put the correct address on the paperwork.

It's even worse when the truck entrance isn't even on the same road as the business address. The plant I deliver to the business address is almost a mile away from the truck entrance. While there are signs pointing out as such coming from 1 direction, that leaves 2 more directions with expressway access unsigned.

SoulScream84 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. SoulScream84

SoulScream84 Road Train Member

Mar 21, 2020
    I can't remember which warehouse in Denver, but there's 1 which unless you've looked up Google reviews you will NOT find the entrance to. Not only is the truck entrance on another street, you have to take a different exit off the interstate to even get to the different street.

ZVar Thanks this.
  4. Frank Speak

Frank Speak Road Train Member

May 3, 2016
    Miller (used to be Coors) in Golden is like that.

SoulScream84 Thanks this.
  5. SteveScott

SteveScott Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2015
    Whenever I visit a new location, I always check it out on Google maps before getting there. Half the time the truck entrance is on another street. GPS has its limits.

6. SoulScream84

SoulScream84 Road Train Member

Mar 21, 2020
    I haven't done that 1, the one I'm thinking of is out in the northeast side of Aurora, think it's off either Tower or Airport. It'd be a great hunting ground for you with all the lost truckers, but I doubt many are Kentuckians.

Speed_Drums and Frank Speak Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.