Do not depend on Apple Care

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by WesternPlains, Jul 2, 2022.

1. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    You have called me a liar, you have insulted me. I have been nothing but polite and civil to you. You had a bad experience with Apple. I am sorry about that. It does NOT change the fact that all over the world there are MILLIONS of happy Apple users!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. WesternPlains

WesternPlains Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2017
    I have had many good experiences with Apple. Tech support is great. But this time started with their computer. Through the apple care app on my iPad. That computer knew me through those. But demanded my phone number be working for a text to verify me. When my phone didn’t work. Followed with nothing but patronization covering up for their computer. Tech support finally got the phone out to me. That computer caused me a huge hassle. All of them are bowing to their computer. And the computer is dis functional.

4. WesternPlains

Sep 1, 2017
    You need a screen photo of shipping you a phone.

5. Moose1958

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    Oh, one more thing. The man Keri is about to get married to tell me about a bad experience he had with Samsung. He lost a lot of money. I know people that refuse to buy LG products for that same reason. I suspect EVERY electronics consumer product company in the business has thousands of unsatisified customers. Apple is not the only one.

6. WesternPlains

Sep 1, 2017
    I showed all of them bowing to their computer. Apple, Samsung, and Best Buy. All of them. This is something they’re doing now(?) more of? Only one I’ve seen recently overriding their computer with common horse sense and earnest business dealing is att.

7. Moose1958

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    No, I am not going to the trouble to scan then redact my paperwork just because you are being unreasonable. That posting was right from the Apple website at this LINK.

With this, I am done. You are angry at Apple and because of this are being unreasonable. I will no longer play that game with you.

8. WesternPlains

Sep 1, 2017
    I admit. My last call to Apple customer support. She wanted to know everything. Wrote it up. Said give them a couple days with the new phone they sent me. That I sent right back. Then call in for at least refund of my $99 shipping and $14 apple care. (I had told a “supervisor” to cancel the apple care a week earlier.) She said she wrote up this case to get somebody to look at it. It was all very wrong and wronged me. I’m looking for time to call in. I need to head to a pickup right now.

9. WesternPlains

Sep 1, 2017
    Yes I am completely pissed at apple. So much. I ate my cost of a iPhone 13max pro 3 months old. I will not have another iPhone.

haz-matguru Thanks this.
  10. MidWest_MacDaddy

MidWest_MacDaddy Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    Sorry you had a bad experience. I assume every company drops the ball now and then or has other issues that complicates the issue.

Myself, I’ve been very happy with Apple in general, both hardware and services. A few times they have gone beyond their limits to fix a problem for me. Most of the time I was doing this through a local Apple store and not mailing stuff back and forth and was before I came into trucking too.

Sorry Apple lost you as a customer and I hope your new setup works best for you in the future.

WesternPlains Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.