Do not work for knight transportation!!!

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by seawind, May 8, 2009.

1. LazyEddie

LazyEddie Bobtail Member

Feb 13, 2017
    That's why a driver(former driver) went into their terminal in Katy,Texas and shot up the place,

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Milkman719

Milkman719 Medium Load Member

May 29, 2013
    Colorado Springs
    I went to knight wearing my knight and shinning armor and they put me in a truck it was really good but i was really hot driving with my Knight suit on. Except at Night my Knight suit kept me warm. Ok nighty night, Be safe and courteous to other drivers.

4. p608

p608 Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2016
    Really sorry for your loss but, he should have called 911

5. Surfer Joe

Surfer Joe Heavy Load Member

Feb 27, 2011
    Cape Ann, Massachusetts
    Calling 911 could be difficult to do if the guy had a seizure that hit him hard and fast.
    The poor guy should have been checked on much sooner than three days.
    Stop putting the blame on the actual workers for everything from working for low wages to dying in the truck.

Milkman719 Thanks this.
  6. p608

p608 Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2016
    If he can call dispatch he can call 911

Milkman719 Thanks this.
  7. Ghosttrucker24

Ghosttrucker24 Bobtail Member

Apr 21, 2017
    Things have changed so much since the time you drove for Knight. They have not refused to maintenance my truck at any given terminal. I am out of the Pa Carlisle terminal, and had to have the front drive brakes replaced in Texas.. was done in 45 minutes. The problem that I will admit that I’ve run into though, they do NOT want to replace the suspension on my rig. Even though it is shot and the shop has confirmed it needs repaired. So I get to sit here and blow my back out on every bump and crack on the road. Breakdown/layover pay has greatly increased. It’s $75 a day, unless you refuse a loaner truck, or a load with a local daycab they have. I have been here for only two months so of course I know I haven’t hardly broken in my career with them. Have had zero problems with my driver manager, other than deadheading me 1300 miles to Cali to turn around and come back to MN but otherwise they seem to have their stuff together

8. Ghosttrucker24

Apr 21, 2017
    although someone mentioned that Knight rigs don’t have an idle cutoff... yea they do.. idk when your drove but this truck will idle for 5 minutes then shutdown. It has to be either 32 degree or 80 degrees for it to run. So whatever rig they had you assigned to must have been altered by the previous driver. Or you ran teams and never shutdown. I know this as I am sitting in their truck right now

9. Ghosttrucker24

Apr 21, 2017
    Knight does have bunk heaters in trucks yea. But they only run hot air. No AC to it at all.

Swiss Mountain Dog Thanks this.
  10. bigblue19

bigblue19 Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Midland WA
    1. get a 12 volt setup with a under 5 minute timer connect to a micro servo that has like a small lever that just touches the fuel pedal down every 4 mins, it only needs to slightly tap it and idle shutdown releases. Get setup supplies from a hobby plane shop.
    2. Locate temp sensor & fool it by heating or cooling it.
    3. Get a mechanic to change the ECM idle control.
    4.Set brakes on trl release on tractor.
    5. Bump up RPM too 700-900 rpms with cruise.
    6 Go work for a company with APU's
    7. Get a hotel room ( it is a tax deduction if not reimbursed )
    8.Hire a fat woman to spoon with you all night for warmth.
    9. Hire a homeless person to sit in the driver's seat all night and tap the pedal every few minutes.
    10. Drive local routes.

You have to remember that Knight terminals don't operate the same. Some terminals have the ECM set to allow idle if a fuel milage threshold is achieved & maintained. My girlfriends truck would idle based on this.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2018
  11. bigblue19

bigblue19 Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Midland WA
    They don't keep their trucks long enough for the suspension to be shot. They buy econo version trucks with short wheelbases & truck suspensions are stiffer under light loads. So running mty is a rougher ride.Spring ride trailers also make it rougher.
    Have you checked the airbag leveler to see if it is functioning properly? Tried going to a different shop for a second opinion? .
    I run an 8 axle heavyhaul spec'd daycab rig that has the wheelbase of a W900. I'm 42k mty but my suspension beats the hell out of me till I get loaded.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2018
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.