Do shingle loads really need x-straps.

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by idriveaholden, Oct 23, 2018.

1. CraigInReston

CraigInReston Light Load Member

Apr 6, 2017
    I never said State Law will trump Federal. You will just waste time/money fighting in court. I have no idea where you think National Safety Code, is Canada only?? If you actually read the code, it's word for word the same as the US. And the code does not specifically mention shingles, it only mentions BUNDLES. The aggregate working load limit also takes into account applicable G-Force at 0.8, which would require 80% of total load weight to be secured, for forward movement.
    Explain to me... why these other US drivers commenting, are concerned about cross-strapping? Are they full of #### as well? Or maybe... they've run through a scale where they've encountered a problem. Do you not cross-chain heavy equipment? Have you ever cross-chained?
    Before responding, why not read the Canadian code, then the US code. You'll recognize the word for word similarities between them. The only thing different is one will be in Metric and the other in Standard.
    As you and I seem to be in a dick-swinging contest, I'll let you have the last comment...which I'm sure will be a negative one. Lol.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. johndeere4020

johndeere4020 Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Ohio
    You most certainly did say state/ provincial law would trump federal law. I have intention of comparing the two, I know the US code and don’t care about Canada. You mentioned 0.8 G forces, you obviously don’t understand that either that applies to breaking strength not WLL which we weren’t discussing but can. None of the US drivers here that I can remember said that it’s required, the OP asked if it was required. I haul heavy equipment every day it’s my job, I cross chain where it makes sense but honestly don’t do it very often. I’ve not been negative at all just pointed out your nonsense.

stwik, SAR, kylefitzy and 2 others Thank this.
  4. Lost Navigator

Lost Navigator Light Load Member

Feb 2, 2014
    Spring Lake, NC
    That 2nd load is an ugly load for sure...

cke, stwik and kylefitzy Thank this.
  5. HillbillyDeluxeTruck

HillbillyDeluxeTruck Road Train Member

Mar 3, 2013
    San Antone
    I know this is an older thread, but I wanted to point out that on a pallet of shingles like above the proper way for them to be loaded is with the 3 stacks facing the middleof of the trailer so that they cannot come off the side. I still dont like the fact that they arent secured down somehow but lets face it, no one is putting 24 straps on a load of shingles.

cke, PoleCrusher and Slowpoke KW Thank this.
  6. Slowpoke KW

Slowpoke KW Road Train Member

Dec 7, 2015
    OK
    The way they load those the 3 bundles are parallel with the the trailer it’s that 4th one that sits perpendicular. I use these on pallets like that. ADB7FD04-70A8-45C1-9BC5-64A2E9F26CCD.jpeg

cke Thanks this.
  7. HillbillyDeluxeTruck

HillbillyDeluxeTruck Road Train Member

Mar 3, 2013
    San Antone
    I jus
    I just had a load of those Thurs out of Irving. #### if I didn't take a pic...

cke and Slowpoke KW Thank this.
  8. Slowpoke KW

Slowpoke KW Road Train Member

Dec 7, 2015
    OK
    I don’t have any pics of my shingle loads either. Ain’t been to Irving since November, got one load out of the temporary warehouse in Desoto last month.

The 4 bundle per layer pallets come out of nursery rd, the 3 bundle per layer pallets come out of pioneer rd, mix loads can come from either. The warehouse only has the the 3 bundle, it’s the most popular.

cke Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.