Do they hire recent CDL Grads?

Discussion in 'Averitt' started by HD_Renegade, Aug 7, 2011.

1. HD_Renegade

HD_Renegade Road Train Member

Dec 20, 2010
    North Carolina
    It does not seem very active in here on posts and or info, but does Averitt hire recent CDL Grads?

How are they work for, do they push teams?

Any ideas on average miles per week?

Thank you

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. gsmith2332

gsmith2332 Light Load Member

Jul 11, 2010
    OKC
    I don't think they recent grads. I have not seen anything on there site about hiring recent grads. Give em a call and find out for sure though.

4. OSCBRADLEY

OSCBRADLEY Light Load Member

Jul 8, 2010
    Houston, Texas
    Be interested to hear what they tell you......like gsmith2332 said, from their website it looks like they are looking for experience. If you talk to someone there let us know.

5. HD_Renegade

Dec 20, 2010
    North Carolina
    I could not see anything on their site about it either. They seem to do refresher course but do not mention anything about grads from approved schools.

I see they have a couple of openings not far from me too. I figured if I do call I will get their main office.

Does anyone know anything in working for these folks? Most of the posts here are a few months or older.

6. Trucker47

Trucker47 Medium Load Member

Sep 9, 2010
    i currently drive for them they only hire experience of must i have one year in the past 3years

HD_Renegade Thanks this.
  7. gsmith2332

gsmith2332 Light Load Member

Jul 11, 2010
    OKC
    In Oklahoma they are advertising for the DG account. Anyone have any insight on running the DG account for Averitt opposed to running it with Werner?

8. gewarr

gewarr Bobtail Member

Oct 15, 2008
    green cove springs, FL
    yes they do hire straight out of school they are not a bad company very strict on policy you must wear a uniform i had a bad experince with them when i was on truck load didnt get but maybe 2000 mile but loved working in the city as a p&d drive great benifits but i got fired for bending a fence pole (they had to many drivers at the time and thought that they could get rid of me and not have to pay unemployment but they lost there case HAHA) if they offered me my job back i would be there tomarrow but they wont so now im on a mission to get all there pick ups.

9. HD_Renegade

Dec 20, 2010
    North Carolina
    That is interesting as I heard back from Recruiting and they do not hire recent grads. or I was told that.

10. corysti

corysti Medium Load Member

May 13, 2008
    Arkansas
    Around here you won't be hired with very little experience. They are looking for someone that knows what they are doing. There are a few exceptions to that matter I've seen them hire guys with little experience but they got their cdls while they worked at Averitt express as a yard dog or dock worker.

11. OSCBRADLEY

OSCBRADLEY Light Load Member

Jul 8, 2010
    Houston, Texas
    I saw something on their website tonight about a Class A CDL refresher option, they way they explained it was if you only had a minimum of 4 months (vs the 1 year they require) they will put you with a trainer for 3 weeks at $600 a week then .35 a mile once your 3 weeks are done. Sounds like a fair deal to me....

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.