Do you have any weapons ?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Atlanta trucker, Apr 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Just a little reminder to everyone who carries on duty to inform...

Duty To Inform States: What You Need To Know - Alien Gear Holsters Blog

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    If you are pulled over in Arkansas, your CHL is TIED to the registration plate and DL's of all vehicles you own. Arkansas ALREADY knows you are potentially armed prior to throwing the lights on you.

I think around 2013 we stopped being a mandatory inform the policeman law. However That is the first thing I do on contact. Usually after the first contact with the local law with that CHL in your hand and or weapon in your holster etc. They do NOT forget you. When I go food shopping past the law, they know and it's not a issue.

We are moving into Enhanced licenses where we train with the state police for active shooters, once pass that course we are allowed to carry deeper into places like the State Capital Building downtown or any non private college grounds etc that a normal CHL cannot go.

4. aussiejosh

aussiejosh Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Airlie Beach QLd
    I was just curious the other day there was a story run and i'm sure it would of made it on some major news papers around the country when two truck drivers got into a gun battle at a truck stop apparently one driver had decided to take his 30 minute break at the fuel station the other driver didn't like it they had words then he came back not sure if he was armed as well the the driver at the fuel station opened up with his gun and now I've heard they've claimed it was all self defense what about the fact that you can't carry a weapon while driving a truck or does that vary from state to state?

5. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    NO, no weapons.

6. Puppage

Puppage Road Train Member

Aug 2, 2012
    Connecticut
    Pie. I have PIE!

7. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    strawberry rhubarb..???

Puppage Thanks this.
  8. Pedigreed Bulldog

Pedigreed Bulldog Road Train Member

May 7, 2011
    That isn't a "fact". Not even close. The firearm laws apply no differently to you in a CMV as they would in a POV. In other words, if you'd be legal carrying in your car, you're legal to carry in a truck. If it would be illegal for you to carry in your car, then it's illegal for you to carry in the truck.

The "no firearms in a CMV" thing is nothing more than spineless companies that want a "no firearms" policy without the stones to implement it on their own...so they blame the government.

stwik, TripleSix, jon69 and 2 others Thank this.
  9. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    EMPLOYERS say you cannot carry a weapon.

However. I have a License that is honored in many states. But I cannot for example carry into Maryland with it holstered in a situation ready to use at a moment. It has to be packed away in the trunk of my personal vehicle. At any rate my weapon was at one time on their banned list anyhow. Equal to police, FBI and Military.

The position becomes simple. I rather be judged by 12 than dead from a bad guy who has no connection to any law. The employer can go stuff it. Literally. He can yell, fire me etc. But it literally does not matter to me. It's a choice.

So be it.

Arkansas has improved with the enhanced carry, with that tier means I can carry in church, college, state capitol etc. And with employers here, car carry is protected from search and seizure at a employer parking lot. And concealed means concealed otherwise.

10. Puppage

Puppage Road Train Member

Aug 2, 2012
    Connecticut
    Blueberry, beeyotch!

11. jon69

jon69 Medium Load Member

Jun 19, 2018
    Most warehouses I go to have a sign 'no firearms'.

If I have a permit can I bring it there?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.