Do You Need A CB?

Discussion in 'CB Radio Forum' started by mike5511, Dec 29, 2016.

1. mike5511

mike5511 Road Train Member

May 15, 2011
    NW Arkansas
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ShooterK2

ShooterK2 Road Train Member

Dec 14, 2012
    Oklahoma
    I totally agree. But here directly the folks who think everyone involved in this accident is a horrible driver will be on here to tell how they don't need a CB, don't need to be told about anything up ahead, don't ever drive fast enough that they can't stop in time, even when the road becomes icy without notice, etc.

I think the CB is one of the best things to happen to truckin'. It separates us from being a bunch of clueless steering wheel holders. I remember learning at an early age to watch the trucks when there's a traffic backup. Whatever lane they're all getting in is the lane I'm getting in cuz you can bet your sweet hiney that's the lane that's gonna be open up ahead. If the trucks all start showing brake light before the top of the hill, even though nothing bad is visible, you can bet there's a wreck or something just over the crest. Etc.

I won't drive without a radio.

drodiesel, DRAGON64, Ooops and 8 others Thank this.
  4. Ougigoug

Ougigoug Heavy Load Member

Dec 4, 2012
    Planet earth
    Totally and i said it before they should be mandatory in every commercial vehicles.

5. #1don

#1don Medium Load Member

Mar 26, 2013
    somewhere down south
    Out here 26 years..... last 10 I have learned to do without it. To much BS from the drivers seat zombies.I call it looking well ahead. You do that ,pay attention you will be fine. IMO
    That's what's wrong with the New age New breed drivers today.... to many electronic gadgets for them to distract there attention from the road. CB, GPS,Satellite radio, cell phones, and a host of other crap.
    I get by with nothing more then a cell phone these days to call the wife 2wice a day. And have not had a problem.

6. KillingTime

KillingTime Road Train Member

Mar 26, 2016
    Rockland, Maine
    Rolling along i-80 Westbound near Lock Haven, PA - 'Hey, X184, pretty dicey around here.' Get to X178 and there sits a Prime truck & trailer on my side of highway only pointed at me... and in the ditch... and all tore up.

Werner why you doin' 45?........ I was born. Sure wasn't yesterday. ;)

7. Neverready

Neverready Medium Load Member

Jul 24, 2014
    Pocomoke City, Md.
    Saved time last night in NC due to having radio on. South bound was actually letting North bound know about a accident at 170mm on I-95. quick glance at map, came to backup already 2 miles 100 ft to ramp. Up ramp and around wreck which by that time they were saying responders had Highway completely blocked.

mike5511 Thanks this.
  8. CasanovaCruiser

CasanovaCruiser Road Train Member

Jun 2, 2015
    Indiana
    Another good answer for the newbies:

Yes - I want you to hear me calling you a dumb ###.

drodiesel, KillingTime and QuietStorm Thank this.
  9. TROOPER to TRUCKER

TROOPER to TRUCKER Anything Is Possible

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    I used mine at night all the time as well as in work and construction zones etc. I didn't roll with it cut up then entire time.

mike5511 Thanks this.
  10. VA CDL Holder

VA CDL Holder Medium Load Member

Jun 14, 2011
    I bought a cheap Cobra CB for about $40 when I first started, but lately I've found that I can live without it. Too much #### talking on there for me. Used to be a lot of shippers required a CB when you arrived when you arrived to weigh your truck and all, but now they just have a number to call on your cell phone. Cell phones have taken over at shippers and receivers. I will never buy another CB. I spend all my driving time listening to podcasts, so I don't have time for the B.S.

11. TROOPER to TRUCKER

TROOPER to TRUCKER Anything Is Possible

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    Use the selective method of listening now when having it on benefits you!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.