Do You Tailgate?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Wargames, Feb 13, 2011.

1. CondoCruiser

CondoCruiser The Legend

Apr 18, 2010
    Tennessee
    I wished you called on him, lol. I just found out they got a new safety director. Probably a move to fix their CSA2010 problems. But then again, alot of the office people are leaving including the ops supervisor.
    If he was westbound, he had a light load of Wix filters. Still no reason to drive like that with all the curves and lane restriction.
    It's always gorgeous in the gorge. It's fun to look at a GPS and see how you wrap around the mountains going through there. One guy counted the curves one night on the CB. I think there was 97 of them, lol.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Palazon

Palazon Road Train Member

Feb 5, 2009
    Tacoma, WA

But when delivered in a bass like Trace Adkins, it's pretty effective.....:yes2557:

Injun Thanks this.
  4. JustSonny

JustSonny Big Dummy

Oct 22, 2009
    Troutman NC
    If you see a big truck truck driver tailgating...you are in the presence of a profound moron. If you see a big truck truck driver tailgating at high speeds you are in the presence of a sociopathic, profound moron.

Wargames and rocknroll nik Thank this.
  5. Injun

Injun Road Train Member

May 15, 2010
    West o' the Big Crick
    Hey, Oldgoatie!

How d'ya categorize a tailgating big truck at high speeds who is so busy flirting with some girl and yanking his crank at the same time?

May I suggest: a multitasker?

Wargames, JustSonny and rocknroll nik Thank this.
  6. JustSonny

JustSonny Big Dummy

Oct 22, 2009
    Troutman NC
    A "high speed, tailgatin', flirtin', crank yanker". Sounds like Redd to me!!:biggrin_25525:

Injun Thanks this.
  7. telcobilly

telcobilly Medium Load Member

Sep 30, 2008
    Laying Low
    Great post, unfortunately, the cowboy tailgaters are probably not reading this forum, because they know it all already. I'm seeing this a lot with truck drivers tailgating other drivers. It happens a lot on the 58 by Four Corners outside Barstow.
    It's a two lane for part of it and it's 55 mph for trucks. I WON'T speed up or move over if it means being unsafe or illegal. So if you steering wheel holders that do this are reading this, GET OVER YOURSELVES!

Injun Thanks this.
  8. Four wheels

Four wheels Light Load Member

Jan 22, 2011
    Indiana
    How is this supposed to be fair if a dumb motorist cuts you of and you are suddenly too close? Or maybe I'm not understanding how it really works.

9. rocknroll nik

rocknroll nik High Risk Load Member

Oct 18, 2008
    can't read the sign
    No you understood the system exactly how the companies want it to work...it isn't fair...but there sure isn't much in trucking that is with some of the bigger companies

10. Injun

Injun Road Train Member

May 15, 2010
    West o' the Big Crick
    Had one of those in my Prime truck. The added benefits were if you had your cruise set and you crept up on someone, it would keep your speed at whatever the one in front of you was doing...kind of felt like someone else was driving the truck....and if someone cut in too close or it saw a ghost, it would SLAM your breaks on.

I hated it.

rocknroll nik Thanks this.
  11. American-Trucker

American-Trucker Road Train Member

Nov 8, 2009
    Charlotte, North Carolina

Vorad is the most useless thing ever installed in a Truck! and is EXTREMELY dangerous!

My current truck has it, had my last truck not been a compete POS I would have refused this truck and kept my old one.

This is was vorad does, your going down the road someone pulls in front of you a ways out, it'll back out of the throttle, then when your space is restored it will HAMMER on the throttle

OR

If someone cuts you off or slows down real quick in front of you it will put the jake on FULL, EVEN IF YOU HAVE IT TURNED OFF!

IT ALSO

Doesnt understand whats in FRONT of you VS. NEXT to you, so lets say your passing a 62mph truck while climbing a hill, just as you get next to the end of his trailer BAM! Jakes on full and you lose ALL of your momentum, BUT WAIT it gets better! That 4wheeler that was tailgateing you because he wanted to do 100mph in the 55, is now UNDER your trailer because you just went from 65mph to 50mph in 2 secounds with a car 2 feet off your rear bumper!

Now whats the problem with the first 2 things you ask?:

well lets say your tooling along with the cruise on and a 4 wheeler cuts you off and the road is a little slick (lets say you a new driver that doesnt know not to use the cruise when the road is slick) and of course the 4 wheele IS going to to this to you in a CURVE......Guess what you just jacknifed and are now in the ditch or on your side because you jake just kicked on!:biggrin_25510:

Ya REAL F^$%#KIN SAFE!

If I EVER meet the DumbA$# that invented it, I WILL knock him out. Just another thing to waste a companys money on.

RANT OVER! lol

American Trucker

Injun Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.