Do you think you could ?

Discussion in 'Seek Employment' started by Lil-beaver, Nov 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gears

Gears Trucker Forum STAFF - Gone, But Not Forgotten.

Aug 20, 2009
    Not good.
    You've probably already done this, but it you got the time and an internet connection, fill out as many online applications as possible. You'd think somebody would bite!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Lil-beaver

Lil-beaver Light Load Member

Oct 17, 2010
    Bakersfield, Ca
    Yep. Been doing that. I have a Job interview with UPS !! Woohoo I will let you all know how it goes and keep your fingers and toes crossed.
    :biggrin_2559::biggrin_255::biggrin_25525::biggrin_25522::biggrin_25523::biggrin_25526:

4. Lil-beaver

Oct 17, 2010
    Bakersfield, Ca
    Had a few interviews and hope that something falls through.

5. Gears

Aug 20, 2009
    Fingers are crossed. Good for you! Don't be afraid to call them back after a few days to check on your status.

6. paul_4lp

paul_4lp Road Train Member

Oct 21, 2010
    Fort Myers, FL

most companies want a full 160hr refresher course so GL with the search

7. Lil-beaver

Oct 17, 2010
    Bakersfield, Ca
    Well refresher course or not I could not find a local job. In other words there were jobs but no one would hire me. I'm going OTR again. I accepted a job with PRIDE. I hear lots of good things about them and they are based in SLC, Ut which is where we want to relocate. So it all works out. Thank for all the help and I will pop in everyonce in a while to say hi while I'm out there with the rest of ya's

8. Bumpy

Bumpy Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2009
    New Ulm,MN
    When will that start for you? :biggrin_2554: ####,there goes my Cali contact...:biggrin_25523:

9. Gears

Aug 20, 2009
    Congratulations!

Keep us updated as to your progress. When do you head out? You going to have to ride with a trainer too?

Lil-beaver Thanks this.
  10. Lil-beaver

Oct 17, 2010
    Bakersfield, Ca
    Yep they will set me up with a female trainer who is with a student right now. As soon as that student is done I'm next. They only have 1 female trainer. So I have to wait about 6wks. My fatherinlaw works for Pride and got me the job. I want to stay with them for at least a year. I had a relative move in to help the hubby with the kids while I'm out so there is nothing to worry about. I'll never stop being a Cali girl even after I move to Ut. I will keep you all posted as I go.

Gears Thanks this.
  11. billymac69

billymac69 Bobtail Member

Feb 26, 2011
    Austin, Texas
    This is sad! She did all the right things and played by the rules and still she had to accept a job she really did not want.

Who is the winner here? Pride, a company that she will probably leave in 6 months or the $500 bandit called "bureaucracy." God Bless America!

This just goes to show things really have changed in this industry in the last 20 years.

Instead of drivers proving they have what it takes to do a job, big brother tells us we need a refresher course even when we don't.......geeze what has this world come too? I can here my Grandpa now saying "4ell in a hand basket I tell ya!"

Lil-beaver Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.