Dock workers touching your trailer air lines

Discussion in 'Shippers & Receivers - Good or Bad' started by Brywayne, Nov 4, 2022.

1. Cattleman84

Cattleman84 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2017
    The Sticks, Idaho
    Alot of places remove your red line and put a glad hand lock on it. Pretty standard really.

JoeyJunk, drh72, nredfor88 and 3 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. PaulMinternational

PaulMinternational Heavy Load Member

Aug 23, 2022
    I don’t let anyone attach a lock to my air line, instead I direct them to attach it to the trailer.

JoeyJunk Thanks this.
  4. bad-luck

bad-luck Road Train Member

Nov 16, 2013
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Why do you not set both set of brakes? A lot of places want your red (emergency line) disconnected, and some put a gladhand lock on the trailer.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2022
    JoeyJunk, Siinman and RJM1953 Thank this.
  5. Concorde

Concorde Road Train Member

Jun 29, 2016
    West Melbourne Florida
    Set your brakes and remove the red line every time you dock…problem solved :)

JoeyJunk, nredfor88, Siinman and 2 others Thank this.
  6. homeskillet

homeskillet Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2013
    Dayton, OH
    I drove tanker most of my career.

Anytime I went to a place that wanted to lock my gladhand, they asked me to remove the airline.

7. TheLoadOut

TheLoadOut Road Train Member

Nov 6, 2019
    LOL, that's when I give them a set of keys that even I don't have any idea what they are for...
    "Keys?...of course, here ya go"
    s-l500.jpg

alds, NoBigHurry, JoeyJunk and 4 others Thank this.
  8. TruckerPete1990

TruckerPete1990 Road Train Member

Jul 16, 2012
    Bentonville Arkansas
    I always gave em a spare to my old truck lol

JoeyJunk, Grumppy and TheLoadOut Thank this.
  9. PaulMinternational

PaulMinternational Heavy Load Member

Aug 23, 2022
    Give my keys?
    Had a few try, not once did I give in! If you want the keys to my truck you first must buy it from me. Simply said and each time it created a stirr! Managers, supervisors, safety personnel, phone calls and people actually threatening me all the time with me smiling and saying CASH only.
    The problem with many things people feel forced to deal with is simply said too many are afraid to call ######## ######## and say no. If every driver that walked in wasted thier time arguing they weren’t giving in they would stop before the day was over! At one time people had ethics and a backbone but today we have too many thinking they have to do what they are told. Poor little sheep! Learn to say no they aren’t yours, figure out an other way!

alds, JoeyJunk, Grumppy and 4 others Thank this.
  10. Eight Omens

Eight Omens Light Load Member

Oct 10, 2022
    Central Texas
    Well, officer I did not know him, did not know he worked here. I thought he was a random bum that wandered in and was tampering with my brakes. Thats why I hit him with a 4.5 lb mini sledge. if he had simply asked me, I would have known the other information. And with the no bail policy I will be driving away at the end of it. If someone wants something done with the truck/trailer i am responsible for that is not a mechanic making a repair, you had better ask me, and I will do it.

alds Thanks this.
  11. runningman0661

runningman0661 Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Clover, South Carolina
    Well common sense would say if your in a dock getting loaded or unloaded, set your trailer brakes. The do that safety reasons, half of these lazy POS truck drivers we have out here anymore, are too lazy to walk 70ft to the back of there trailer and chock the wheels.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.