Dock workers touching your trailer air lines

Discussion in 'Shippers & Receivers - Good or Bad' started by Brywayne, Nov 4, 2022.

1. drivingmissdaisy

drivingmissdaisy Road Train Member

Jun 10, 2019
    The number of jurisdictions is irrelevant. The law covers them all.

You don't have to be an attorney to understand the law. You only must be an attorney to PRACTICE law. I've been involved in 3 lawsuits. Only one did I hire a lawyer and I won all 3. If you know the law you can represent yourself and win. It's not rocket science.

The guy is kinda right, they can't search your vehicle without probable cause unless you grant them permission. Reasonable suspicion and probable cause are very close to the same thing and cops need one of them to search your vehicle without permission.

The sticky wicket comes where you're talking about a commercial vehicle, and not a private one. DOT can pull over a CMV without cause to make sure the sleeper complies with regs, etc. But a regular patrol officer would most likely need probable cause to do the same thing if hes not certified for DOT inspections.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2022
    alds Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 2Tap

2Tap Medium Load Member

Jul 19, 2022
    Southern Wisconsin
    Your post almost merited a response but even trolls posting on the internet have access to a dictionary.

To stay on topic, no a dockworker should never touch equipment you're responsible for. In the same sense i guess ultimately it's your responsibility to inspect the vehicle your license authorizes you to drive.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.