Dockworker with CDL position with UPS

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by KullenTrucking, Oct 27, 2019.

1. Russian Rabbit

Russian Rabbit Road Train Member

Jan 3, 2016
    1) For now, try to stay away from the Stoneham, Ma UPSF terminal if you at all possibly can; It's a problem terminal.

2) Everything is so terminal dependent; Dock/cdl combo drivers at my terminal can and do make 100K+ AND are home everynight, weekends completely off.

Will discuss everything in more detail when there is more time.

McUzi and FlaSwampRat Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. FlaSwampRat

FlaSwampRat Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2019
    Valrico FL
    Schools are a neighborhood to neighborhood deal as to weather they are good or bad. To say one section of the country is better is just what people tell themselves to make what they pay to live seem reasonable ( I was one of them for years lol). As far as higher salaries that is true but the cost of living will eat most if not all of that up. If you are relocating to just try out living in a new area, be near family, or chasing a certain job I would say absolutely go for it but to think things will be more money and just generally better is probably not the reason to roll up there. Plus there is this problem up there
    6sSOM.jpg

Texas_hwy_287, McUzi and USMC 3531 Thank this.
  4. BigDog Trucker

BigDog Trucker Heavy Load Member

Nov 4, 2018
    Ewwwww. You crazy. Death by taxation and you get less and less for your money. The schools are getting worse also due to budgets being bombarded with the cost of absorbing bookoo illegals who no speaka english. School taxes are a huge part of property tax. So the school boards either keep raising taxes or if they think theyre maxed out for time being, they will make cuts to other areas so little jose is looked after in class.

Long story short, its all going to crap. Move to texas. Thats what I'd do if I were you. At least you still have guns n cowboys out there and people who dont take no guff.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2019
  5. McUzi

McUzi Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2018
    First order of business upon moving there is buy a shirt that says "Don't California my Texas".

Texas_hwy_287, jmz, USMC 3531 and 2 others Thank this.
  6. BigDog Trucker

BigDog Trucker Heavy Load Member

Nov 4, 2018
    Exactly right. No libs, new yorkers, or commiefornians allowed in the great state of Texas.

7. USMC 3531

USMC 3531 Heavy Load Member

Dec 11, 2016
    I strongly concur with both Big Dogs and McUzis comments, and I will leave it at that.

8. jmz

jmz Road Train Member

Mar 9, 2018
    Great Plains
    Texas is nice, but traffic in the major cities has gotten outrageous over the past decade. If you move there, it would take very careful planning to find a home in a good neighborhood with good schools that’s also close to work.

9. LPjunior1970

LPjunior1970 Light Load Member

Jan 20, 2019
    The system drivers I’ve run into at my barn in the NE have been out of either Chicago or Baltimore. No system runs at any of the newer terminals up here that I’m aware of.

USMC 3531 Thanks this.
  10. LPjunior1970

LPjunior1970 Light Load Member

Jan 20, 2019
    Saia south Boston opens up today if I’m not mistaken.

11. McUzi

McUzi Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2018
    You mean in North Reading?

Texas_hwy_287 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.