Document scanners?

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by Mattflat362, May 21, 2023.

1. bad-luck

bad-luck Road Train Member

Nov 16, 2013
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Are you looking to scan or copy? I use an app called Camscanner. You take pictures with the app it then converts it to a pdf file that can be emailed.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. The Green Mountain

The Green Mountain Light Load Member

Nov 24, 2022
    Maine
    You could probably find an app that'll convert a photo (from your phone) to a .jpeg or .pdf and then email it to yourself - then save that file to your backup HD when you open your email on your PC.

Mattflat362 Thanks this.
  4. Mattflat362

Mattflat362 Road Train Member

Feb 18, 2015
    Avon Lake, Ohio
    I never copy....only scan.

I may go the phone route someday but for now I like to scan everything in to a multipage pdf file and save it all to at last 2 places.

But mostly it is the new to me brokers I am concerned with. Some of those are 12 pages and I like them all organized.

Heck even a rate con, truck router state by state mileage, BOL, invoice combo can be a pretty big file. And a actual scanner just makes it easy for me.

5. bad-luck

bad-luck Road Train Member

Nov 16, 2013
    Baltimore, Maryland
    I find it really easy to use the Camscanner app. I use it for all of my billing. Literally takes me than 5 minutes at the end of the week, and that includesmaking an invoiceas well. When you take multiple pictures of bol's they stay in the same file, unless you don't want them to. I have a scanner/printer in my truck and only use it for copying and printing.

6. Mattflat362

Feb 18, 2015
    Avon Lake, Ohio
    Did you guys buy the full version of camscan? Or just use the free? Are there watermarks?

7. Lazer

Lazer Road Train Member

Jan 22, 2017
    My employer uses faxes everyday. From my office it’s the only way send paperwork to the corp. office.
    There is a big fancy copier/scanner hooked to the computer, but the LED screen on the scanner went out years ago, so there is no way to see what your doing. It receives just fine, but is unable to ‘send’. Owner is too cheap to fix it.

Grumppy and Mattflat362 Thank this.
  8. Mattflat362

Feb 18, 2015
    Avon Lake, Ohio
    I worked for a guy all through my college years at Cleveland State. Blepp-Coombs sporting goods in downtown Cleveland. Old school shop that sold everything a high school or college would ever need.

He used french adding machines and a super old cash register until they day he closed up shop.

Had ZERO interest in anything new and I totally get it now!

Last edited: May 22, 2023
    Grumppy Thanks this.
  9. Mattflat362

Feb 18, 2015
    Avon Lake, Ohio
    Welp just returned the POS too. It shows and claims a USB port but then when you get it out of the box it states you must have wifi even if you are a standard USB offline machine.

I did find a "offline" driver on their site (it comes with none in the box) but it just hangs and freezes and aggressively guides you back to wifi.

IF IF IF you are even tech savvy enough to find that driver let alone realize that you have to escape out of it when it freezes to get it to prompt you to go USB only.....at which point it loads friggin 6 programs to your machine completely unrelated to HP or even scanning/printing!

Anyone that has been in tech for 20 years (me) should no way better than to even mess with HP junk but I had to give it a try.

So this leaves expensive Epsons or Xerox or camscan. Looks like I am going to have to mess with camscan.

10. RocketScott

RocketScott Medium Load Member

Apr 10, 2013
    Kentucky
    Mattflat362 Thanks this.
  11. Mattflat362

Feb 18, 2015
    Avon Lake, Ohio
    Whoa that is a trip! Battery powered!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.