Does any one work for calark now.

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by ellis44, Jan 29, 2009.

1. steelredfish

steelredfish Light Load Member

Oct 21, 2010
    Aiken,Sc
    Does Calark take recent Grads?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TigerDriver

TigerDriver Bobtail Member

Jun 22, 2011
    How much does CalArk pay their drivers? Are their trucks governed? If so what are they governed to?

4. Smokeeater

Smokeeater Light Load Member

Feb 24, 2007
    Oklahoma

No, you need 1 year OTR steelredfish

5. Chrindy Trucking

Chrindy Trucking Light Load Member

Jul 4, 2011
    Midwest City,Ok
    CalArk pays I believe .35 cent amile but it's based on experience. They run all 48 states. My husband worked for them for 2mths before transfering over to their lease program. the dispatches are really nice, We had Antonio who was awesome. Afew of my friends that are there average 2800-3500 aweek really depends on where you like to go, alot of the drivers complain of no miles but it's because they refuse to go to certain states or cities. CalArk delivers alot of International loads. Also the reason the yard is always full is because alot of the trucks are new trucks that they lease. There is 3 companies on the yard : CalArk, Central and AEL. Which are all owned by the same person. Every Friday they have safety meeting at Browns Rest. where CalArk provided your lunch and they also give you 1000 miles of free safe mile, you can go to as many as you want but they only give you the miles twice. They have a bunk house with i believe 15 rooms free wifi and computer to use,a reading room, showers, and kennels for your pets. They also have a shuttle service that runs everyday from 7-7pm. CalArk is a good company to work for.

Army91W Thanks this.
  6. Chrindy Trucking

Jul 4, 2011
    Midwest City,Ok
    Yes the trucks are governed at 65 mph, :biggrin_25520:

7. Chrindy Trucking

Jul 4, 2011
    Midwest City,Ok
    Also most of the trucks are ProStars, international 9400i and they have some Volvos and KWs

8. simplyred1962

simplyred1962 Betty Boop, One Bodacious Babe!!!

So, do your pets HAVE to stay in the kennel? Just wondering.

9. dirtroadchild

dirtroadchild Light Load Member

Aug 12, 2011
    memphis tn
    yes they are a dam good co.to work for been there 3yrs got my trk paid for if yu work and del ontime yu get paid and never get cheated out of your money good people open door policy and good equipement!

10. Chrindy Trucking

Jul 4, 2011
    Midwest City,Ok
    Not all the time only when your truck is in the shop, their kennels aren't to bad nicely shaded. I've left my 2 in them over night.

simplyred1962 Thanks this.
  11. Subzero1985

Subzero1985 Light Load Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Corinth, TX
    From what I read here it seems as though they are a great company to work for. Im going to look at going to work for them. Me, my wife, and our dog live in the truck and the company im driving for right now just isnt working out. I see they have a kennel for pets so obviously they are allowed. Can anyone tell me if they have a rider policy and how is it?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.