Does any one work for calark now.

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by ellis44, Jan 29, 2009.

1. Subzero1985

Subzero1985 Light Load Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Corinth, TX
    I would also like some information on there lease program if possible? Do you have to be a company driver first before you lease or can you jump straight into it?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chrindy Trucking

Chrindy Trucking Light Load Member

Jul 4, 2011
    Midwest City,Ok
    it's the same here i ride with my husband along with our two dogs, i dont think they have a fee for riders but dogs are 300 that they take out i think 25 awk. We left CalArk and did the lease purchase program, we stayed with Central Hauling for a year and found a better company to drive for and took our truck to Conway. Arkansas Equipment Leasing has 5 or 6 companies you can take your truck to. I believe that in order to lease a truck you have to be hired on or approved to work for one of the company. If you need any more info email me @ chrindyenterprises@gmail.com :biggrin_25519:

Subzero1985 Thanks this.
  4. Subzero1985

Feb 26, 2010
    Corinth, TX
    Arkansas Equipment Leasing is the name of the company you lease your truck from? and what I gather they are linked up with these 5 or 6 companies you speak of right? I know from what I have read Central Hauling, CalArk, and one other company are all together on the yard they have in Arkansas correct? And if you lease a truck you are not required to stay with one of the companies in the CalArk family or whatever?

5. dirtroadchild

dirtroadchild Light Load Member

Aug 12, 2011
    memphis tn
    askour friends do they turn down lds and not work cause i got a friend on dry side with central he runs his butt of all the time he gets miles like crazy with them if yu dont get miles its because yu dont run and turn down lds i know i been with central on reefer side for over 3yrs paid trk off and they still run me!!

6. dirtroadchild

dirtroadchild Light Load Member

Aug 12, 2011
    memphis tn
    its calark/central hauling there together and your right they have several other co's that yu can lease to but not inwith they donyt own them they just agree to let drivers lease on so cal them
    800-889-1025 ark eqip leasing!!

7. Subzero1985

Feb 26, 2010
    Corinth, TX
    Thanks for the info, will do. Ill let ya'll know how it goes...

8. truckin lady

truckin lady Bobtail Member

Sep 7, 2011
    CalArk is a very friendly company to work drive for. If you don't have a pet you will get a new truck (Prostar). If you have a pet prepare to stay in an old truck (Eagles, 9400Cs) and as long as you have a pet you will never get out of the truck. You assume other people's headaches as them don't check out trucks all that well in Little Rock. Their main terminal is Little Rock, Arkansas, the driver's lounge, bunk area and kitchen is very clean and nice. They have a shuttle that will take you where you want to go. A nice lease program which is a another company called Central Hauling. The dispatchers are great if you luck out to get a "good dispatcher". Do not ask for Marisa as this woman does not know what she is doing, has been married to one of the bosses of Central Hauling and is rarely at her desk. Otherwise the others dispatchers are great as long as you go along with what they want. The other terminals are not that great, they have a small portion of what Little Rock offers and somewhat dirty. There are terminals in Garland,TX and Laredo, TX. The terminal in Laredo, TX is the worst. They have kennels for pets and are somewhat shaded but I would not let me pet stay in one as they are never clean. Their equipment I would give a rating of 4. I went through 2 months of aggravation and frustration because Little Rock never fixed my truck right and at one point wound up with a paycheck of $20. As I said they are a friendly company and they will do anything to help you but 9 out of 10 times its the wrong help. The driver is considered always wrong and never right.

9. truckin lady

truckin lady Bobtail Member

Sep 7, 2011

CalArk has a revolving door, yes they know your name and their second question is what is your truck number. CalArk is a friendly company as long as you do what they say and not complain about your truck breaking down every other week. I had a paycheck of $29 because of 2 broken down trucks within a period of one month. You will never receive a raise, safety bonus or idle bonus. They use to give you a new truck which was yours for referring the most drivers to their company, now its only $500.

10. Mrs_Trucker_wife

Mrs_Trucker_wife Bobtail Member

Sep 17, 2011
    Bedford, TX
    My husband worked for CalArk in 1995. During that time he was impressed with how well they took care of their equipment. For that reason he came back to work for them again 6 months ago. Unfortunately they seem to have lost their desire to maintain the trucks the way they used to. I have been riding in the truck with him the past 3 months and I can not believe the crap that he goes through with this company. Every time we have home time the truck is in the shop & when we get the truck back there is something else wrong with the truck. He has been thru 2 A/C units, an egr cooler, alternator, there is oil blowing out the top of the motor that they don't want to fix, the air ride is broken(& has yet to be fixed), the bunk gets wet every time it rains( has been in shop 3 times to fix this & it still leaks). I know I'm forgetting something, it just infuriates me even more to think about it. I am actually writing this while he is driving down the road, thru the rain in Missouri now having to go back & clean up the water running down the back & side walls.

The truck he has is a 2006 9400i with 634,000 miles. He has spoken to Rebecca who is head of operations & all she does is talk circles around him, won't let him get a word in. She doesn't listen at all. His dispatcher is someone who has never driven a truck, he has no idea of what it's like. You ask him a question and he always has to "look into it", make a decision already! My husband keeps asking for a new truck. The order they had for new trucks has been cancelled. They do have newer Prostars but from what I've seen those trucks go to those that are on dedicated runs or you're a woman or anything other than a middle aged white male.

My husband has been driving truck for 23 yrs, has never turned down a load, runs hard & has always done what they asked him to do. He is not one to kiss some butt, all he wants to do is drive a decent truck. I have a feeling his days at CalArk are numbered.

11. BUBBAQUICK

BUBBAQUICK Light Load Member

Sep 27, 2009
    justin,tx
    Call design transportation in dallas, Good People

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.