Does anybody here drive for usxpress?

Discussion in 'Trucking Jobs' started by Bullwinkle, Mar 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DeputyDog

DeputyDog Bobtail Member

Oct 21, 2006
    Dayton,Oh
    I worked there about 4 years ago. But that was before the sliding pay scale they have now. I know then they did a lot of "re-powering" or relaying of loads. They frequently made "mistakes" on your paycheck. You must check it very carefully for missed pro #'s. Often you would have to chase down an empty trailer and the miles driven to find one were not paid since you were n ot on a dispatch. They would suggest locations to check, but did not dispatch you there.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. volvo lover

volvo lover Bobtail Member

Jul 17, 2007
    Twin City, Ga
    I just ran across these posts and I have to defend US Xpress. I have worked for them since October and they are a very good company to work for. I drive from 2100 to 3300 miles per week. I am a new driver and am getting paid per diem, so my pay scale is different. If you sit a lot, then you are either lazy or you have a bad dispatcher. Yes, they have made mistakes with me but not anything that another company hasn't done to their drivers. All companies are basically the same...they all have their good and bad points. As for the US drivers doing stupid things, I have seen a lot of drivers from other companies do stupid things also.

4. country girl

country girl Bobtail Member

Jul 11, 2007
    winfield WV
    i would check my mileage i was down in memphis Tn going to columbus oh they wanted me to run up to indy and then stop and get fuel at the terminal they routed me and it was 659 miles going the way they wanted me to go i was only getting paid 578 which i didnt going my way. I dont drive for free. and you know i've went thru all my trips with USxpress and found that they have cheated me some miles. I should also mention i was driving team over there and toward the end i was getting 4000 a week but i dont believe that a team should run 1800 miles in a week. there are some bab dispatchers there. ANd i'm not lazy,

5. IrishMike202

IrishMike202 <strong>"Ireland-It's My Island"</strong>

Jul 10, 2007
    West Virginia
    I've done a lot of research to see who is the best so that once I am done with class, I know who to apply with. I like USX but their orientation and 4-5 week training pay sorta stinks compared to others.

6. Gio

Gio Light Load Member

Aug 3, 2007
    Saint Louis area
    The worst company that I have driven for that is still in existence. The other two being Cannon Express and Burlington Motor Carriers. They have the worst dispatching I have ever experienced. They will send you messages on their half-as**d excuse for qualcomm all day long, from different people who don't know what they are talking about.

7. travelfraggle

travelfraggle Light Load Member

Aug 7, 2007
    Atlanta,Ga.
    Sliding means we'll give ya 2000 miles but ya gonna repower bout the halfway point and not get paid. See slid right out a paycheck. :biggrin_25516:

8. knighton5

knighton5 Heavy Load Member

Nov 19, 2006
    Rose City
    I drove for US about 4 1/2 years ago and I ran coast to coast as a solo driver, very happy and I never had to sit and wait for a load... After 7 or 8 months I went to western regional so I could be closer to home, that is when I lost miles and money... I spent alot of time doing local and railyard drops/pickups... If I wanted to run all 48 states again, I would choose US Xpress, they treated me good and I did my job... Plus I had a descent truck! My own opinion. HOWEVER, freight is much slower now with all carriers so I'm sure the flakey drivers or whiners will be sitting and the drivers that do favors and run hard will be hauling more freight. My own opinion, DRIVE SAFE

9. Gio

Gio Light Load Member

Aug 3, 2007
    Saint Louis area
    They have changed alot in 4 1/2 yrs. I can assure you they blow!

10. knightbringer

knightbringer Light Load Member

Aug 28, 2007
    macon, ga
    So the big question is who to believe? I know there are circumstances that will influence one driver's opinion to say one thing and another driver to disagree or agree. I've seen their trucks, and they are nice inside and the driver's ive talked to weren't jumping for joy, but didn't really put them down either. I'm at Pepsi, breaking my back to carry drinks and considering returning to otr, but don't want to end up in another company like Werner. What's really going on, man? Speak to me.

11. brent6464

brent6464 Light Load Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Atlanta, Ga
    I drove for u.s express in 08-09 and always made a decent pay check 700.00-1,000 paychecks. Did some 500 miles runs and some 1200 and up mile runs. Like all companies its not perfect, but in my opinion not the worst. I liked the auto shifts, but prefer manuals, but to me shifting a truck is like riding a bike, you always know how.. Took a local job in 2010, company went out of business so I'm heading back to u.s express. Not permanent since i have two kids.But its a paycheck and I'm not going with out a job in this economy.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.