does anyone know dillon transport

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by stacks magee, Feb 15, 2009.

1. jim-oh

jim-oh Light Load Member

Apr 30, 2009
    Toledo,oh
    I work for kenan advantage and see and talk to some of there drivers alot.
    From what they say its a real good place to work,but the insurance cost is real high.
    There michigan city term. is dry bulk tankers and there chicago term. is liquid tank.
    There hours seem the same as mine,about ten to twelve aday.
    And just because they are heavy into asphalt does'nt mean they dont work year round, dummies. Think thats the only oil product that we haul?
    I would have went there a while ago if the insurance was better,have three kids to think about.

groundpounder Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. dieseldan

dieseldan Bobtail Member

Jul 1, 2010
    That's the one-they are hiring but I want to know if it's a seasonal job that's busy in summer and you sit at home during the winter.

4. jim-oh

jim-oh Light Load Member

Apr 30, 2009
    Toledo,oh
    ok,its not a seasonal job there are heavy oils thta need to be moved yearround. one of there accounts is to the barges on the chitown river for export,that is year round among other stuff.

Why do people think that dumpbuckets,graintrailers and some tanker outfits just hang it up during the winter.

5. Puppet

Puppet Light Load Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Never heard of them before...

6. dieseldan

dieseldan Bobtail Member

Jul 1, 2010
    thanks for the replies

7. gtt39

gtt39 Bobtail Member

Apr 30, 2011
    Just Left Dillon for UPS the pay is a percenate of the load(26%) to start. They do work all year round. Things slow down after Thanksgiving. You may miss a couple of weeks of work. Summertime, they hold you hostage. Local or regional. Your off day is when you run out of hours!(PERIOD) Chicago management Sucks. Nasty attitudes and dont know how to talk to people. If you can put up with that, You can make a decent buck. High turn over. Also, they basically charge you for training. They hold your last check if you quit before 1yr of service. The take ithe training pay back! $100/day! those are the facts. Good Luck! Oh by the way, Great equipment. Excellent!!! :biggrin_25510:

jvar4001 Thanks this.
  8. jvar4001

jvar4001 Medium Load Member

Mar 4, 2011
    i guess they are hiring in missisippi but noone knows nothing about them there . would you guys kindly tell us something about them ?thank you

9. dillonisthepitts

dillonisthepitts Bobtail Member

Nov 2, 2011
    I dont know about the other dillon terminals but stay away from the dallas terminal. u can actually make money there but only if u r among the half dozen or so drivers thats sleeping with the terminal manager. otherwise, ur truck wont get serviced and will find urself sitting at home while the loverboys r making the money. btw, terminal manager is female. initials AN

10. PastorAbe

PastorAbe Bobtail Member

Dec 7, 2011
    Lodi, Oh
    Worked for Dillon for 2 years out of the Lodi, Ohio terminal.
    They do not, I repeat DO NOT, give a darn about their drivers. The terminal manager and dispatcher are sociopaths - If it doesn't affect them then they think there is no affect. They will and do screw you out of every dime they can. Met the TM's from Chicago and Atlanta - all from the same mold. And I mean "mold".
    I'd panhandle on the corner b4 ever going back to work for them. They missed the history lesson where Lincoln freed the slaves.

11. cc tanker

cc tanker Medium Load Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Ohio
    last winter I talked to a couple of their drivers they were staying at the same motel I was in Beckley WV..they had a run from around Raleigh NC to Canton OH they would stay 2 weeks on one leg then 2 weeks on the other leg..for 2 weeks they would run from Raleigh to Beckley switch units then back to Raleigh (home daily) then next 2 weeks they would take an empty from Beckley to Canton and load it then back to Beckley and stay in motel..then back to Canton the next day..the 2 guys I talked to said equipment was top notch ..new pete daycabs...money was fair to descent ..benefits not good..neither liked staying in a motel for 2 weeks at a time..

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.