does covenant make you team?

Discussion in 'Covenant' started by Rollin_18, Jan 21, 2013.

1. Rollin_18

Rollin_18 Light Load Member

Dec 6, 2012
    Cleveland, Ohio
    I just got a prehire from covenant today and im thinking about taking the offer. I keep reading on here they are bad and they mainly do teams. I will be new so will I have to team? I don't like the thought of teaming at all. I don't really know about the company so im just looking to get info. What's pay like for recent grads, do you have to team, how long is training and is it like cr england where they do phase 1 and phase 2? Just fill me in on whatever you want really

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. double yellow

double yellow Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    State of Jefferson
    My info may be 6 months out of date, but if you are a recent cdl graduate, Covenant makes you team for a minimum of 3 months (really 4 with your 1 month of training) before going solo (6 months if you have csa issues). As a company Covenant is geared primarily for teaming, but there are good solo gigs available (dedicated accounts, international, etc) once you've paid your dues.

Rollin_18 Thanks this.
  4. Rollin_18

Dec 6, 2012
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Thanks, I can deal with 3 months teaming but I couldn't do it my whole time working for them I would go nuts. Im thinking about going to them or USX so far. I know more about USX though just wanting to research about covenant

5. windsmith

windsmith Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2011
    NEPA
    One person in my CDL class has relatives that team with Covenant. She said that the teams do very well, but the the solo drivers starve and don't last long with the company.

6. Rollin_18

Dec 6, 2012
    Cleveland, Ohio
    dang, looks like im going to USX then, i cant stand the idea of teaming. i always went on the road with dad and that was a headache sometimes tryna sleep when he was driving. i dont know what it is about covenant i can just see myself driving for them lol for some reason i cant see myself driving for USX, idk weird i know. i really dont care where i go as long as i dont team.

7. windsmith

windsmith Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2011
    NEPA
    Aren't you in Roehl's hiring area? They don't pay the best, but I hear they're very good about hometime, and they don't require you to team.

8. GoneButNotForgotten

GoneButNotForgotten Heavy Load Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Roxboro, N.C.
    I really can't understand why you have focused so much attention on two companies that pretty much force newbies into the team situation, and you do not want to team? There are tons of similar companies out there (yep, the BFI's) that are primarliy focused on the solo concept (except for maybe a month or so in the training phase).

9. Rollin_18

Dec 6, 2012
    Cleveland, Ohio
    yea im in their hiring area but they hair test and i quit smoking about 6 months ago and dont want to chance it so ima settle with a bottom feeder for now to get my feet wet, sounds dumb i know. i seen on covenants website they take solo in ohio, im hoping i will get lucky(if i go with them) and get solo, if not ill stick it out for 6 months and go to prime since they said i need 5 months at any job and i go with them. im just ready to drive now but dont want to get screwed too bad, i can deal withy a bottom feeder as long as im not teaming. does anyone live east of mississippi and drive solo for covenant? the threads on here are all old so im looking for some new info from this company.

10. Rollin_18

Dec 6, 2012
    Cleveland, Ohio
    i know USX has solo drivers. im only saying these 2 cuase i have prehires for them already, trust me as more prehires come in i will be expanding and dropping some off.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.