Does crete hire from

Discussion in 'Crete' started by boommm78, Jun 3, 2010.

1. Luvs2Roam

Luvs2Roam Bobtail Member

Jun 8, 2010
    Prattsburgh, New York
    I actually got my CDL through CCC....It was a 10.5 week corse at Southeast Community College in Lincoln, NE.. Crete supplies most of the equipment to get you familar with the kind of trucks you will be driving.
    The last I heard they pay 500.00 of the 750.00 tution cost for the corse.
    CCC is a great Company to work for I loved it there. I would still be there today if I hadn't moved out of Lincoln, and No I didn't live in lincoln, NE when I first started schooling I got my own place while there....they have a nice place you can rent for 165 a week and includes everything but your food ( sorry for any typo's it is kinda hard to type while the trk is moving down the highway )

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. boommm78

boommm78 Bobtail Member

May 23, 2010
    fl
    luvs2rom thanks for info, another guy told me i should check into a local colledg were i live, um but i allready am going to swift school for now and if i cant make it work there ill look into crete some more i agree crete is a good place my uncle used to work for them, i think he got let go becuase of an accedent he caused thank god no one els was involed just his self and truck, and that is the only one he had.

4. franktaylor

franktaylor Light Load Member

Apr 8, 2010
    manchester, tn
    hey cadillac, our story sounds kind of the same. i started going to C1 in litlle rock. got kicked out though, i didn;t choose to leave but on my way home i called my guy at workforce and he set me up with a tech school and the state covered everything. i'm done in 2 more weekends. hoping to get on with shaffer, right now i'm waiting for my app to go through to safety. incidentally , i emailed USA a few times called them a few times and finally sent a letter , which they told me to do , to find out why they decided not to hire me and the scumbags never returned my call. shaffer had the decency when at first they denied me to tell mee why and it turned out to be a screwup on the end of the TN DOS. They had a suspension on my MVR last year that should not of been there. so as of now i'm just waiting and praying that i get accepted to shaffer. they are definatly the best out of all i've talked to.

5. cadillacdude1975

cadillacdude1975 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Chattanooga, TN
    i would try and get the DOT to admit it was a problem on that end and have them contact shaffer to explain the situation or get it on some sort of official letterhead and send it to them.

6. dasco3

dasco3 Light Load Member

Jun 17, 2010
    Powhatan VA
    thanks for the info.

7. franktaylor

franktaylor Light Load Member

Apr 8, 2010
    manchester, tn
    it all worked out for me so far. DOT fixed the suspension and i got a new report and sent it to shaffer so now as long as i pass my test on saturday i'm off to shaffer in the next couple weeks

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.