Does Millis still offer three weeks of vacation each year?

Discussion in 'Millis' started by A Bug, Feb 3, 2020.

1. A Bug

A Bug Heavy Load Member

Mar 15, 2014
    Sevierville TN
    My current job is wearing me out and today I saw that they are hiring out of Knoxville TN and I remember hearing from somewhere about their vacation time and just wondering if it still is going on.

Are the details in pay and everything different between the regional and otr fleet? Time off is 2-3 days every 12-14 days out?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Mid-May Trucker

Mid-May Trucker Road Train Member

Oct 23, 2018
  4. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2020
  5. BML

BML Bobtail Member

Feb 7, 2020
    You get 3 weeks of vacation after your first year if you're on their per-diem pay. After that it's 1 week paid vacation per year. No paid vacation on straight pay.

Regional pay will be different than the OTR pay. Midwest, Southeast, and Texas regional all have different pay. Don't know what the pay is off the top of my head.

Hometime is 1.5 days for every 7 days out, up to a max of 4 days hometime at a time. Though it's not that strictly enforced. Millis is great on hometime, just don't take advantage of it too much.

A Bug Thanks this.
  6. Last Time Around

Last Time Around Medium Load Member

Jun 9, 2018
    How does a driver "take advantage" of earned home time at Millis? 1.5 days after 7 is not good at all for starters.

bzinger Thanks this.
  7. BML

BML Bobtail Member

Feb 7, 2020
    You can take up to a week of home time without it being an issue. By taking advantage I meant for example let's say you worked 2 weeks and you want to take 6 days off. They'll let you, but if it becomes a regular thing they'll probably request you do it "by the book", which is the 1.5 days for every 7 days that you technically earn.

I typically will do 4 days for every two weeks and it's never been a problem

8. Last Time Around

Jun 9, 2018
    Only in Trucking does a worker ( driver ) "technically earn"....time off. Time off is not earned....only a paycheck is.

The Big T Thanks this.
  9. JOHNQPUBLIC

JOHNQPUBLIC Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2014
    Central New York
    I'm on straight pay so not certain but pretty sure it is 3 weeks paid the first year and then 2 weeks after that until you've been here 5 years then back up to 3 weeks. It goes higher from there at certain anniversaries but not sure on the details.

10. JOHNQPUBLIC

JOHNQPUBLIC Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2014
    Central New York
    No OTR hometime is good enough in my opinion but most companies are 1 day off for every 7 out. If going by the book Millis is 3 days after 2 weeks where many others would be only 2 days. Like the other poster said they are very flexible. Better than many.

11. Last Time Around

Jun 9, 2018
    Maybe drivers should broaden their searches... 5 days out/4 nights out... throw out the book, that means they are merely avg at best. My week I chose is Noon on Sunday til approx 4p to 6pm at home Thursday evening. That includes travel time from home and back. I start at home at noon Sunday, and am home by 4/6p Thursday.They exist. In 8 months I have yet to break 1900 miles a week....last week I hit 1877, though that included 492 miles bobtail home for my off days...I'd have preferred a load headed my direction, just seems non productive, but nothing going my way for 2 days...so they put me in the wind.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.