Does Roehl Have Driver Facing Cameras?

Discussion in 'Roehl' started by BeanDip, Aug 16, 2015.

1. BeanDip

BeanDip Medium Load Member

Dec 28, 2014
    S.W Michigan
    I've been under the impression that Roehl had driver facing cameras. But recently read a post that they did not (a respected member here on TTR, but not a Roehl driver).

So whats the deal? Yes or No?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jacob

jacob Light Load Member

Jun 10, 2007
    Wausau, WI
    Roehl driver here going on six years. They will only put a driver facing camera in your truck if you make a habit of being a bad driver and have a lot of screw ups.

4. BeanDip

BeanDip Medium Load Member

Dec 28, 2014
    S.W Michigan
    Thanks, @jacob, for clearing that up. :)

5. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    Any company that has driver facing cameras for the nit wits is one managers meeting away from putting them in every truck.....

Just somthing to consider .

6. k1221n2

k1221n2 Light Load Member

Apr 10, 2014
    It's a matter of time before insurance companies require cameras in every truck.

7. Captain Fluffy

Captain Fluffy Bobtail Member

Aug 16, 2015
    MN
    Currently driving for them now, and my first truck had one in it. Worst experience of my life. I talked to the safety manager and he said if he had it his way, ALL the trucks would have them. They know they can't put them in every truck because too many drivers would quit.

aeneas and darthanubis Thank this.
  8. JMurphy1

JMurphy1 Light Load Member

May 3, 2015
    CT
    At TMC, most new trucks have the forward facing cameras, and in the reports that Safety makes frequently these cameras are quite useful. They will put driver facing cameras in units with drivers that have had issues/problems, but as has been reported and proven by them, when a driver has proved he/she has "cleaned up their act" the camera is removed.

I think that is a pretty honorable way of handling driver-facing camera issues.

9. cluster04

cluster04 Bobtail Member

Feb 22, 2015
    Had a Roehl FM admit that driver facing camera in all trucks is being looked at. just a matter of time.

darthanubis Thanks this.
  10. JV_620

JV_620 Medium Load Member

Jan 29, 2016
    Centerville, MA
    So, 3 months later. Any word on Roehl finally implementing this on all of their trucks, or are they still in the testing phase still?

11. Tortoise

Tortoise Bobtail Member

Feb 17, 2015
    I don't have one in my truck. I have no idea what their future plans are though.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.