Does running hard make any difference?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by NewTrucker7, Jan 9, 2016.

1. Bdog

Bdog Road Train Member

Nov 6, 2014
    No it is 70 hrs in 8 days working. After you have driven and been on duty 70 hrs in 8 days you can't drive anymore. So if for example you drove 8 hrs a day and did 2 hours on duty each day after seven days you would be out of hours and couldn't drive the 8th day. So you take the day off and then you could drive the next day and you might as well take a 34 if you are going to take a 24 so you can reset.

NewTrucker7 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    +
    A little of both.

My company tells me the route to take and where to fuel.

But if I don't like it I will bypass the fuel stop and call for fuel where I want.

4. LumbraX

LumbraX Medium Load Member

Sep 12, 2015
    Orlando, FL
    Just thought id chime in. Running hard makes a difference when you're instrastate and wanna be home ;)

Gulf Thanks this.
  5. LumbraX

LumbraX Medium Load Member

Sep 12, 2015
    Orlando, FL
    Example. Groveland to Miami... Miami to Lakeland... Tampa to Orlando. Mostly drop and hook but still. I like sleeping at home.. Especially since a dock worker knocked on my door asking me to pull forward a inch and i completely forgot about my poor majestic led that fell and ripped out the antenna connection :(

6. NewTrucker7

NewTrucker7 Light Load Member

Jan 2, 2016
    Ohio
    This is actually something I never thought of. Being a company driver obviously the company pays for the fuel so what is the process for paying for fuel or does that vary by company?

7. NewTrucker7

NewTrucker7 Light Load Member

Jan 2, 2016
    Ohio
    I wanna do this more as an adventure so home time won't be very important to me at least going into it I am not planning on trying to get home often at all.

8. dca

dca Road Train Member

May 31, 2011
    Earth
    I'd like to add, just because a truck is governed at xx speed does not mean one will acheive the maximum day in and day out. change is always present.

speed limits on interstates differ from speed limits in town along with other parts of a roadways. weight, hills, traffic, construction, weather etc some foreseen and unforeseen.

9. CargoWahgo

CargoWahgo Road Train Member

Jan 10, 2012
    Louisville, Kentucky
    No not really.
    I'm paid by the hour + mileage.

Every company truck driving job should be. :-/ I feel sorry for the dudes rushing around in a hurry all the time.

10. dca

dca Road Train Member

May 31, 2011
    Earth

good for you. I don't see those often in my neck of the woods. $10 to $26 the most common are $18.. no mileage pay as far as I know. these jobs don't pop up often but they're around. milk and fuel haulers run ads more then other's.

milk hauls pays less then fuel hauls the $26 offer I've seen once, it was at beverage supplier, the driver had a route of xx amount of stops per day filling orders by hand and dolly. they're always in a hurry. move move move

11. CargoWahgo

CargoWahgo Road Train Member

Jan 10, 2012
    Louisville, Kentucky
    Thank you. Hopefully you get to enjoy a setup similar one day. Its nice having a true safety first company.

These companies that pay by the mile or trip need smacked upside the head when they mention the word safety.
    Hypocrites.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.