Does SWIFT run background checks before sending a bus ticket?

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by TruckinGodsend, Nov 8, 2017.

1. TruckinGodsend

TruckinGodsend Bobtail Member

Nov 8, 2017
    Alright so I've pretty much been given the greenlight to start swift CDL training this upcoming monday but I want to know does swift run their background check before sending you a bus ticket? I know you're probably thinking I lied on my application but I didn't, I let my recruiter know that I may or may not (yeah I know negligence on my part) have a pending charge. The recruiter said it was fine after I explained the situation but lately I've been reading stories of people being kicked out of school and orientation for things that they did state on their application. I don't want that problem and just want to know if I'm safe or if there is a way to save myself before heading out? I've also run a BG check on myself through hireright but I don't know if I'll get the results before starting school. I know that they ran my MVR already but just want to know if they also ran a BG check or not yet.

Thanks in advance

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Smut

Smut Light Load Member

Jan 28, 2017
    Houston
    You should call Swift and ask 'em. If they send you home from orientation, you're most likely buying your own bus ticket home.

4. dngrous_dime

dngrous_dime Road Train Member

Jan 28, 2014
    Lansing area, MI
    Okay, I gotta ask. What did you do? Or are you one of the infamous "Dindu Nuffins"????
    Driving a truck is NOT an escape from life's realities.

5. Antinomian

Antinomian Road Train Member

Feb 17, 2013
    I did orientation at Swift in 2010. At that time the answer would have been no. They did everything, including pulling my MVR, while I was in orientation.

On the morning of first day the orientation instructor said everyone already knows if they are going to be hired. Swift checks five things and everyone already knows when they come in the door what the results are going to be.

1. Previous employment
    2. Criminal history
    3.. MVR
    4. Drug test
    5. Physical

If you really don't know what your criminal background check is going to report then I'd recommend not going to any trucking company orientation until you do.

Swift did not pay for return bus tickets back then. I'll wager they still don't.

CrappieJunkie and RoadRooster Thank this.
  6. BrandonCDLdriver

BrandonCDLdriver Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2017
    It's like the guy using one of the google review boards asked me about working for Ozark. I responded. He then replied "what kind of drug testing do they do?"

I told him if you have to ask don't work for my company.

firemedic2816 and joesmoothdog Thank this.
  7. HD_Renegade

HD_Renegade Road Train Member

Dec 20, 2010
    North Carolina
    I live in NC, and I can go to the Town Hall and have a back ground report for a small fee and see the report myself. You could look into doing that.

ncmickey Thanks this.
  8. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    The company is spouse to run a check before you're prehired but they do miss things and find those things during orientation then they get sent home.

9. austinmike

austinmike Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2011
    Missouri
    Some places dont seem to check anything UNTIL you get to orientation. My first outfit sent one guy home on the last day of orientation because they discovered he had failed a drug test in the past. Last day.

10. HD_Renegade

HD_Renegade Road Train Member

Dec 20, 2010
    North Carolina
    Don't most companies use pulse.tenstreet.com ?? A company I am working with has run all the reports and I get copies of all of them and can see what they say.

11. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    Back when I went to Swift orientation there ere 5-6 guys who simply did not show up. My guess is Swift waits to pay for a background so they can file 13 those apps.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.