Does this justify freight guard

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by Halflife3, Apr 18, 2022.

1. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    Added to my list.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Siinman

Siinman Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2017
    Kansas City, MO.
    What a waste of time. This is why I hardly work with any new people and just stick with the handful of brokers I use.

4. DUNE-T

DUNE-T Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Detroit, MI
    That's a double broker scammer playing stupid games

5. Jereh159

Jereh159 Bobtail Member

Apr 18, 2022
    Wow.... I was just looking up a way to put a review on this same company (North Eastern Freight Inc). They just played us..... We booked a load with them this morning that was to be picked up at 7:00 am and delivered at 10:00. Driver is actually still on the way to deliver. So I woke drive up to go get this load. he gets there at 6:49 and the load is not ready and was scheduled to be ready at 10:00. So I immediatly inform them what is going on and ask for detention compensation. They said they would send rate con once we had loaded and sent the bol of check out time. Driver could not stay in lot and had to wait outside and check in right before 10:00 and checked out at 1:22 pm. Now they are stating that they have to go by that 9:48 check in and will only give us $50 for a 6hr delay...... We just actived our authority last month which forces us to work with new broker sometimes. This is just awful.....

Last edited: Apr 18, 2022
  6. Halflife3

Halflife3 Bobtail Member

Dec 22, 2021
    I am in the same boat man

7. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    Don't ever move your truck without a rate con, spelling out detention pay and all other rates associated with doing business.. That is a legal contract. If you don't have it, you have no leg to stand on when It comes to getting paid.

8. Big Road Skateboard

Big Road Skateboard Road Train Member

May 2, 2021
    Agreed. And do yourself a favor and call the shippand receiver right then too. If there's problems, it's best to know up front. Verify pickup and delivery dates, times, and see if there's any special instructions or directions into the facilities.

9. TallJoe

TallJoe Road Train Member

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    A fist clenches and a knife opens in your pocket (just and an expression) when you hear stories like that.
    I cancelled loads more than once after agreeing to the rate and then "learning" stuff in the broker-carrier agreement, not to mention after learning things when arriving at pick up sites such as "work ins", a different commodity type (e.g. trash instead of finished goods) or simply bailing out after too many hours of wait to the point of compromising the delivery window and causing potential undesirable repercussions at the receiver and no specific contingencies from a broker. "We will figure out something" is not good enough.
    I would cancel any time after something changes from the description in the rate confirmation that would make me too uncomfortable. You have to be selfish, self centered and care about what is good for you, but still staying within constraints of contractual obligations.

To all the new authorities here, to hell with freightgaurds or 411s or whatever there is.
    Do whatever is good for you, don't appease those freight Hitlers.
    You'd have to really make it to CNN news with your misdeeds that literally nobody would do business with you. Besides, If they threaten you to smear you in the social media or some freight guard, threaten them with libel law suit too.

I am not advocating any wrongdoing or low ethical behavior but any deceptive tactics on the part of the contract partner reserves you the right to terminate the agreement.

If a broker agreement or rate con has not been signed because of some revelations discovered in it you can always tell them to stick it you know where, even after you initially agreed to the rate.

10. TallJoe

TallJoe Road Train Member

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    Check this out...if that broker owes you money.

11. bad-luck

bad-luck Road Train Member

Nov 16, 2013
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Never heard for freight guard. In the future, if you use a factoring company, and they don't approve a broker, there is a reason why they don't approve them. DON'T do the load.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.