Does this justify freight guard

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by Halflife3, Apr 18, 2022.

1. merv85

merv85 Light Load Member

Mar 24, 2020
    Dallas, Tx
    pumpkinishere Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. pumpkinishere

pumpkinishere Heavy Load Member

Apr 21, 2021
    I agree. Those are your red flags already. Do not run the load.

4. RunningAces

RunningAces Road Train Member

Jul 2, 2017
    On the flatbed side of things I rarely see many bait and switch type loads. Some brokers, especially TQL will post loads from and arriving in cities 100 miles away but I make them wait while I search and make sure it's something I still want. To be honest I just don't give a #### in most circumstances what the load is. The only exceptions would be massive weight differences, tarping, legal, or something that will cause a mess on the flatbed like used machinery.
    One last thing, if you ever get threatened by a broker or anyone really just cut them off right there and end the relationship. I know you've sunk a lot of money into the business but you've got to draw a line somewhere.

BennysPennys Thanks this.
  5. simpatico

simpatico Light Load Member

Apr 3, 2022
    Kansas City
    I've had to cancel a few times and had the brokers flip out on me and threaten a freight guard. I usually tell them to eat #### and hang up once they pull that...I've yet to have a freight guard put on my MC... Granted I've been inactive for quite a few months now but just my experience in the past

6. ProfessionalNoticer

ProfessionalNoticer Road Train Member

Apr 25, 2021
    All Freight Guard is is a website like TTR. We bad mouth certain brokers to fellow carriers and warn them. FG does that for brokers in their world. If broker posts there on FG you can add a response to defend yourself.

I had a broker do that to me because I filed a claim on his bond after he failed to pay my accessorial charges. It was for a TONU. He signed and agreed then cancelled. I billed him. He didn't like it.

BennysPennys and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  7. GYPSY65

GYPSY65 Road Train Member

Nov 16, 2012
    SW FLA
    Couldn’t find any but it’s like this but says Freight Guard on the can

A1603157-B627-4A68-9D0A-D5D4CE6D8AC5.jpeg

8. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    Lol

9. GYPSY65

GYPSY65 Road Train Member

Nov 16, 2012
    SW FLA
    Funnier than that is if you made it someone would be buying it!!

BennysPennys and Rideandrepair Thank this.
  10. Avrakotos

Avrakotos Medium Load Member

Jan 22, 2020
    BC
    Your factoring company would not approve because they are Double Brokering scammers and you likely wouldnt have gotten paid by them. They also have 2 freight guard reports for double brokering themselves. They are complete trash bags and all of the signs are there...

Virtual Address
    1 year of authority
    Owner : ROBERT HOVHANNISYAN

These are the clowns that call me and ask 1000 over the posted rate and then offer it to trucks for 500 lower than my posted rate.

per FG from 64 days ago...
    WE BOOKED A LOAD ON ELTO MC 1260343 . WHEN THE DRIVER NEEDED A PU #, THE SHIPPER REPORTED TO US THAT IT WAS NOT AN ELTO TRUCK THAT WAS THERE TO PICK UP. WHEN CONFRONTED THEY LIED AND WE CALLED THE CARRIER THAT THE SHIPPER SAID WAS ON SITE. THE CARRIER THEN GAVE ME A DIFFERENT MC 1209490 NORTH EASTERN FREIGHT AND SAID HE BOOKED THE LOAD OFF THE DAT BOARD WITH NORTHEASTERN FREIGHT.

And per a factoring company :

RE-BROKERING LOADS, VERIFIED WITH ACTUAL BROKER

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.