Does Walmart have wifi for drivers at distribution centers?

Discussion in 'Wal-Mart' started by braceface, Jul 25, 2012.

1. EZX1100

EZX1100 Road Train Member

Aug 18, 2012
    had one in Woodland, PA, appt was at 10am, i arrived at 9, they kept me till 1400hrs, and then wrote on the bills 1200noon

i was fit to be tied and probably wound up being banned from there.......good for me, if so

joseph1135 and TRKRSHONEY Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Roadmedic

Roadmedic Road Train Member

Apr 4, 2007
    I went to one in Olney IL. Arrived 7 am for the appointment at 8 am. Left at 3 pm. Wasted the day. Cost 45.00 to unload the truck and I could have done it alot quicker.

Banned Walmart Distribution centers from my truck. I am out here to make a living not live at their docks.

TRKRSHONEY Thanks this.
  4. DIESEL DOG

DIESEL DOG Light Load Member

Nov 15, 2009
    Truck'n/MotorCoach'n
    And BTW, how are we supposed to know if the DC is run by a third party??[/QUOTE]

If the DC is run by WMT the Lp's at the gate, the check in people and I think everyone else will be wearing a WALMART ID badge. First clue is at the gate,no badge not run by WMT.

5. joseph1135

joseph1135 Papa Murphy

Nov 8, 2009
    The Highway To Hell.
    WalMart is and has always been one of the worst. We don't deserve to be treated as we are second class citizens, and the "ambassador" is proof of how Walmart thinks of us. I'm not a fan of Walmart, I go there as a last resort because, really, where can you get a truck into. But I think, as hard as we work, especially us that have to deal with Walmart, they should treat us, at the very least, like human beings. That's not much to ask. There's generally no parking anywhere near a DC, and they made sure we can't have a place to park there. With the insane appointment times and the "hurry up and wait" BS of Walmart, taking your paperwork into receiving shouldn't ever be the worst part of your time there. And it always is. You'll stand there with the clock ticking while they have a conversation. You'll stand there and stare at each other. I know boycotting deliveries there is completely out of the question. But we should demand the respect we deserve from them.

TRKRSHONEY Thanks this.
  6. DIESEL DOG

DIESEL DOG Light Load Member

Nov 15, 2009
    Truck'n/MotorCoach'n
    Let's see,how about Lowes, Home Depot,Target, KMart-Just a few places you should be able to get your truck into if you really wanted to.

7. ptwn1

ptwn1 Light Load Member

Oct 4, 2012
    7 hours and still here ### this place

8. Numb

Numb Crusty Curmudgeon

Jan 30, 2012
    Charlotte, N.Carolina
    refuse to go to them or shop in the stores ,BUT, the DC in Pageland SC is a good one.

only went because 3 of our drivers were in and out in under 2 hrs and said the people were actually NICE !!!!!

:biggrin_25521::biggrin_2556::biggrin_25521:

9. VolvoVNLTrucker

VolvoVNLTrucker Bobtail Member

May 12, 2013
    I had some 300Lb. sperm whale tell me once she was going to "ban" me from all Wal-Mart DC's after a minor disagreement.

I laughed and asked her: "Could you please put that in writing?" :biggrin_2559:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.