Does Werner allow inverters?

Discussion in 'Werner' started by 18Wheels&DozenRoses, Feb 20, 2010.

1. 18Wheels&DozenRoses

18Wheels&DozenRoses Light Load Member

Feb 15, 2010
    Asheville, NC
    Hi everyone I hope you all have had a pleasant day. Do any of you guys/gals know if Werner will allow an inverter to be installed in the trucks? If not do the trucks have any outlit plugs built in? I have seen trucks with them but not sure what they run off of I am guessing the battery/engine. I drove a Volvo at Colonial that had the built in plugs but again I am not sure if all trucks have them. Thanks again for all your help you guys/gals are the best.

Amanda

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. dle

dle Light Load Member

Jan 9, 2010
    ennis,tx
    If you get caught with an inverter that was not installed by them - termination.

That includes the kind that you plug into the cig lighters.

When you go through their safety lanes, which you will anytime you go into the terminals (for any reason), they have the authority to ask you to step out while they search your truck. Put your truck in the shop at the terminal, they can and sometimes will search your truck. If you park in the terminal for any reason, they can and sometimes will conduct "audits" of trucks.

4. shriner75

shriner75 Heavy Load Member

Dec 7, 2008
    Minnesota, dontcha know...
    Those are words to remember and live by if you work for weiner. When I started working for them they knew I was using my Cpap at the time and when I got my truck I asked for it and they said I didnt need it. So I went out and got one of my own. Everytime I went into a terminal I always hid it in with my drawers. Especially the dirty ones. If they were brave they could look for it but they never founf it. I only bought one to use for my Cpap. Other than that I had it disconnected.

5. CertifiedSweetie

CertifiedSweetie Road Train Member

Nov 18, 2008
    Pittsburgh,Pa
    If they find one in your truck they will terminate you. I had 2 of 500 watt ones that go in the cigarette lighter but when ever I had to go to a terminal or safety lane I out put mines up. They will try to say they cause fires and drain the truck battery.

6. Jimbo60

Jimbo60 Medium Load Member

Nov 25, 2009
    High desert CA

Sooooo if you supply the inverter and they install it you are good to go?

............ Jim

7. Dreaman

Dreaman Medium Load Member

Sep 18, 2007
    Iowa
    Good luck getting them to install it. They are so far short staffed they can't fix trucks let alone installing equipment that is not company issued.:biggrin_25523:

Audits? Searches? Not sure on that one. In 5 years never happened to me although I am sure it is possible. I guess if they have cause to check they will. The last truck I had came with a APU and a small inverter under the bunk. What are you trying to run?:biggrin_25524:

8. CertifiedSweetie

Nov 18, 2008
    Pittsburgh,Pa
    When I was in omaha they refused to install my cb because they said they were short staffed and then I got in trouble S when a shipper they sent me to turned me away because I didn't have a cb and they didn't make calls
    :biggrin_25526:
    i never had my truck checked any time I was there but I was hoping they wouldn't though because I had a dog they didn't know about. But my trainer had the new freightliner with the apu and the inverter under the bed too.

9. 18Wheels&DozenRoses

18Wheels&DozenRoses Light Load Member

Feb 15, 2010
    Asheville, NC
    I just want to be able to run a crockpot or something to cook with and some sort of small fridge or cooler.

10. CertifiedSweetie

Nov 18, 2008
    Pittsburgh,Pa
    Yep you'll be able to run those off an inverter. Also if you get a chance you could stop at the Omaha terminal they have the biggest store wher you can buy an eletric cooler, crock pots, maps, jewelry, plates, they have some pet stuff too. The good thing is that if you don't have the money you cAn have them take ut out if your next paycheck. Your allowed up to $200 to have taken out if your paycheck and if you spend between $100 to $200 and have it taken out of your pay they take it out in stallments of $50. But for example if you get a cooler only the biggest 1 I believe I paid $108 so for 2 weeks they took $50 and the 3rd payment the took the balance. And they don't charge you for ut coming out of your paycheck. Hope I didn't confuse you with all that.

18Wheels&DozenRoses Thanks this.
  11. Belton Bandit

Belton Bandit Light Load Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Belton,Texas
    I was placed in my first truck last Tue.06 Pete with 330,000 miles. Decent shape and drives good. It came with an APU and Inverters under the bottom bunk. Nothing plugged into it yet, no money from school, no income, and lots of bills.built up.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.