Domestic fights.

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by TripleSix, Mar 13, 2021.

1. TripleSix

TripleSix God of Roads

Apr 10, 2009
    Copied in Hell
    During a pre-trip, you hear a man and a woman arguing. They’re carrying arm fulls of belongings. Argument gets louder, hurtful words are said, and the woman lashes out with 2 blows. Guy responds and lands a heavy blow. Woman goes reeling to the ground and then starts screaming for help.

What would you do and why?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    Guys have a right to defend themselves. I'd probably keep an eye on the situation, but getting involved at that point could end up badly for you. Might be better just to MYOB.

4. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Woman got physical first. As far as I’m concerned she had it coming, especially if it was a case of the guy simply trying to distance himself from the situation.

Poor idiot. I wouldn’t do anything.

5. otterinthewater

otterinthewater Road Train Member

May 10, 2018
    Santa Barbara, Ca
    Film it. Send it to my wife and let her know what happens when she talks back. LOL

There’s so many variables. I don’t know what I’d do. People shouldn’t hit each other. Sometimes it’s the option they go with. Basically try to separate them unless one of them draws a weapon. I’ve got my own family to take care of and they come first, always.

91B20H8, Wargames, Coffey and 5 others Thank this.
  6. Wasted Thyme

Wasted Thyme Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2020
    GOAT watching
    I partially disagree. The guy is bigger than the gal. I may be assuming wrong. So he doesn't need to land a heavy blow to distance himself. He could use a firm shove instead. Main reason is to keep himself out of jail. Her blows most likely won't leave any marks. A heavy blow would. He said/she said with the cops will see him in jail.

7. Arctic_fox

Arctic_fox Experienced mx13 execrator

Sep 16, 2016
    Keep an eye on it but otherwise ignore it unless it goes beyond self defense. There is no way to know the details that lead to this point and who is at fault or why or if this is the first time he has ever struck her or if she has been beating him for months.

Otherwise the guy has a right to defend himself and not just stand there and allow himself to be beaten bloody woman or no. its hard to tell who is truely at fault for most things and dispite your first instincts its not always the woman who needs protecting. Many woman know the laws are hostile to men and most assume man vs woman = man guilty till man is proven guilty and as such will intentionally push a man to the point he snaps and then cry victim just to destroy the mans life from spite or for gain.

If the woman has been beating and abuseing the man for weeks or months with him having exactly zero resoueces to turn to and finally snaps and punches her like she wants him to do, so she can claim abuse and destroy him easily and may have put him in a cheaper to keep her situation. Does he deserve to have his #### pushed in and life ruined by a bunch of white knights who will testify he hit her with zero regard to facts such as her hitting him multiple times first? Especially if this has been an ongoing thing?

This is just an example granted but its why i always say unless he goes beyond self defense and say pulls a weapon or she is obviously being abused (covered in bruses) your best bet is to just keep an eye on it and if your truely worried call the police and let THEM handle it.

Chivalry and defend the wahhmans is all well and good in theroy. But with how things stand you have an equal chance to punish the actual victim as not and society already puts a lot of pressure to hate the "weak man" while giving him few/no options other then to just grin and ask for another in many cases.

8. WesternPlains

WesternPlains Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2017
    Domestic Disturbances are amongst the most dangerous calls a Police Officer gets.

9. 86scotty

86scotty Road Train Member

Aug 27, 2017
    Appalachia
    I would depart the scene immediately. About 6 women are about to jump this guy. I want nothing to do with the crumbling of society. Been married to a woman 26 years and no blows thrown.

Gotta be honest though. My paternal grandparents beat eachother half to death before breakfast most days.

10. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    Just 2 idiots squabbling. Unless it turned into a situation where 1 is beating the tar out of the other I'd just keep my nose out of it. If the police show up I might step up as a witness (since we all know a man gets the #### end of the stick in these situations).

larry2903, Opendeckin, Tb0n3 and 7 others Thank this.
  11. slow.rider

slow.rider Road Train Member

Apr 4, 2017
    NYC
    Friend of mine called the cops because his wife was beating him. She was near twice the size he was. Cops showed up and forced him to sit on the couch and say nothing while they took her in the other room with the door open and explained to her all the resources available to battered women. He tried to say "but it was ME who called you about HER" and the only reply was "shut up and sit still or you'll get arrested."

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.