Domestic fights.

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by TripleSix, Mar 13, 2021.

1. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    And that's another thing (in my best Emily Litella voice) why is it these domestic flights are getting so expensive, we should be getting deals and,,,what's that? Oh,,,never mind,,

gentleroger and bzinger Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Tug Toy

Tug Toy Road Train Member

Jul 4, 2015
    Corn field
    Homeless people is the biggest crock on the planet.....

Ive got several in my family. Call me asking for money. “Sure come on over I got some odd jobs that need doing and I’ll pay ya double to do them.”

Never seen them but one time. And I kept my end of the bargain 3x. Paid him more for a weeks work than I make. Last I heard from him 4 years ago.

The rest just don’t call me anymore because they already know the answer.

Sorry!

Rant Off

4. tarmadilo

tarmadilo Road Train Member

Dec 12, 2018
    I might call the police, but there’s no way that I would intervene myself unless maybe I thought someone’s life was in danger. And even then it would be with great reluctance!

bzinger and buddyd157 Thank this.
  5. buzzarddriver

buzzarddriver Road Train Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    Gather a crowd, sell tickets and take bets on who wins. Everyone needs a side hustle.

6. TripleSix

TripleSix God of Roads

Apr 10, 2009
    Copied in Hell
    There was a group of homeless that lived around the TA in Baytown Texas. 4 guys and a woman. Always arguing, always fighting.

Was chatting outside the front one night with a driver when we heard the woman yelling for help. The driver becomes alarmed and wants to investigate.

“Driver, this happens every single day. It’s five of them total. If you get involved, you are in the wrong. Even if the cops become involved, it’s you that’s going to jail. Mind your business.”

7. Cattleman84

Cattleman84 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2017
    The Sticks, Idaho
    Unless I personally know one or both of the individuals I'm sure as hell not going to step in... At least not in todays society, they are liable to both turn against me if it somehow escalates to me having to defend myself.

If that appears to be the end of it then I'd mind my own business. If it appears that it could continue I would probably make an anonymous report to the police of a domestic disturbance.

I have a family of my own to worry about, I dont need to risk thier well being by getting mixed up in other people's problems.

Eldiablo, bzinger, TripleSix and 2 others Thank this.
  8. RockinChair

RockinChair Road Train Member

Feb 19, 2012
    CC, TX
    If she has a Facebook account, that in and of itself is a red flag.

9. WesternPlains

WesternPlains Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2017
  10. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    Sadly though, if you're a male that has NO social media at all, you are red flag city. Most will just completely ignore you once they find out.

11. RockinChair

RockinChair Road Train Member

Feb 19, 2012
    CC, TX
    If she's a better shot than me, I will happily make her a sandwich - especially if she looks like the woman in that picture.

Edit: Forget the sandwich, I'd grill her a steak.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2021
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.