Domino Sugar

Discussion in 'Shippers & Receivers - Good or Bad' started by The Challenger, Feb 27, 2010.

1. The Challenger

The Challenger Kinghunter

Dec 22, 2007
    East Central FL
    Anyone ever been to this shipper or delivered here? In Baltimore they want you to disconnect your red airline and wait in the office which offers no amenities. We waited in there for three hours with no comforts. Does this occur at all locations?

KH

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TomN

TomN Bobtail Member

Aug 30, 2006
    I have been there many times, It sucks thats all i can say, the place was built back before 53 foot trailers was used no room to move around, When you dock your mirror will be inches from the other trucks mirror parked next to you. But the reason for you having to disconnect and stay in office is because they had a forklift operator get killed when a truck pulled out to soon, the guy was comming out of trailer when it was being moved and the forklift flipped on top of him. It really sucks in winter because there isnt any heat on the dock. I asked never to be sent there again. Well good luck if you ever have to go back the big thing is watch your open trailer doors when docking i hooked one on my last trip tore it off (very easy to do there)

Baack and The Challenger Thank this.
  4. Michelangelo

Michelangelo Light Load Member

Jan 30, 2010
    It varies...
    Holy she-yit I've been there!

That place is a nightmare! But. . . . it had a great cafeteria! I guess drivers can't use it anymore.

expedite_it Thanks this.
  5. puncher

puncher Medium Load Member

Feb 12, 2010
    Tn.
    Yeah it's a ##### built for 96" not 102", and what about the waiting on the hill.LOL

6. Poconorob

Poconorob Light Load Member

Feb 22, 2010
    Poconos, PA
    A lot of places that I have been to are starting to do the same things....a few of them have gladhand locks that they put on while being loaded and unloaded. one guy there told me they actually get a break on the liability insurance for taking extra precautions. I would do it to if I owned the place to save some coin. But I would at least have a descent place for drivers to wait. Hell I would even put in video games and charge a dollar a game..hehehe:biggrin_2559:

Baack Thanks this.
  7. MUSTANGGT

MUSTANGGT Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2009
    Georgia
    And some go to greater extremes than others. B.F.Goodrich in SC is an example of that.
    First I dollied down and completely disconnected from trailer.
    Removed key from switch and locked cab.
    Chocked trailer wheels(both sides).
    Verify dok-lok is in place.
    Surrender key to forklift operator inside.
    Observe forklift operator place key in metal box and lock the box with another key.
    He placed the box in the shipping office.
    I placed my butt on a wooden bench and observed trailer being unloaded.

Talk about overkill.

8. dannyb1212000

dannyb1212000 Light Load Member

Oct 10, 2009
    somerset KY
    hate that place and I can't remember if it's domino but there was another place in Gramercy LA that stinks. I got a couple of parking tickect in Baltimore waiting like 20 mintes in line to get in.

9. Michelangelo

Michelangelo Light Load Member

Jan 30, 2010
    It varies...
    Sounds like Domino. Then they send you to the top of the hill to wait, and there's very little space up there, like playing Tetris w/tractor trailers. When it's your turn, it's just as hard getting off the hill, and you haven't even gotten to the docks yet! The docks look like they were designed in the 1930's or something. The place just sucks.

10. Working Class Patriot

Working Class Patriot Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2008
    Wherever and Whenever...
    Swift & Co in Grand Island, NE disconnects the line and places a safety lock on the glad hand...That is called CYA....What's the big deal?

You wait outside and if you need to heed the call of nature....go do it over by the feed lot.....

Welcome to the world of trucking son.....it's not too late to change your mind....

11. Turtle08

Turtle08 Bobtail Member

Feb 10, 2009
    Illinois
    What really sucks about dominio is when you scale out and it says you are overweight. You then have to go back to the docks and have them recheck it even though the numbers say you are under weight. You already had to back in there once then to have to do it again really sucks

The Challenger Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.