Domino Sugar

Discussion in 'Shippers & Receivers - Good or Bad' started by The Challenger, Feb 27, 2010.

1. Dave550821

Dave550821 Bobtail Member

Jul 13, 2014
    Northeast Ohio
    I would have to see that to believe it. Not that it is not true. I just would NEVER go back because they were/are too stupid for way too many years. You cannot fix stupid! There is a cost for that. My one man protest. Even if they served a free beverage and a sandwich.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2014
    RubyEagle Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ‘Olhand

‘Olhand Cantankerous Crusty

Jan 18, 2011
    I love the places that want your keys...like I dont have 3 or 4 more sets--LMAO

4. bigkev1115

bigkev1115 Road Train Member

Oct 23, 2009
    Alexandria, AL
    That sounds like some of the Family Dollar DC s

5. snowlauncher

snowlauncher Road Train Member

Mar 28, 2014
    Southeastern ID
    My company issues 2 keys for each truck. 1 key for the doors. 1 STAYS in the ignition at all times. 1 company policy vs. another. I wonder who wins?

6. JoeyBowman

JoeyBowman Medium Load Member

Jul 21, 2012
    NC
    I heard this from a driver friend as well that was there a couple months ago. Sounds like they're trying to fix the place a bit. Personally speaking I always hated going there when I worked for my previous employer.

7. I95runner

I95runner Light Load Member

Jan 17, 2014
    Did you loose your air pressure cause they pulled your red line?

8. snowlauncher

Mar 28, 2014
    Southeastern ID
    Lol! C'mon give me a little credit, I dont drive for SWIFT you know. My pop valve stuck open on my evaporator and I couldn't get it to close. Lucky I was in the same town as my home terminal. They sent a mechanic to swap it out. ;)

9. jbee

jbee Medium Load Member

Jun 3, 2011
    NC
    Pretty sure he's new to the industry.

I95runner - If you are new to trucking, do yourself a favor and study how the air brake system and the service lines in a Class 8 (Or 7) CMV operate. Most new drivers (And even a few older ones) can be mystified by the principles of their operation, whether it comes to setting them when you park to releasing them and get rolling. You'll have a better understanding about one of the most critical pieces of operational equipment in the vehicle there is, how to use them properly and how to possibly trouble shoot as well, later on down the road.

10. I95runner

I95runner Light Load Member

Jan 17, 2014
    while i do know how the air brake system works, i thought he lost pressure do to the air line connections being diconnected by the dock workers to prevent the forklift accidents that others have stated in this thread.

11. snowlauncher

Mar 28, 2014
    Southeastern ID
    My main point with this post was just to say that the customer had NO concerns about the trailer moving away from the dock while loading until I told them I lost air press and couldn't move until fixed. Then they decided to break out never before used chocks because they thought that if my air was gone I couldn't hold the trailer in place...like I said, I went ahead with the chocks as I usually do when they have them around anyway. The customer did not understand the mechanics of emergency and service air press. and I wouldn't have really expected them to as it was a smaller business with only a couple doors.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.