Don’t work for j.b. Hunt

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by TGarrie383, Aug 18, 2008.

1. MGASSEL

MGASSEL Road Train Member

Mar 27, 2007
    Co
    You do not need to go to your doctor to get a cdl physical there are many other places to get the physical.

All you would need to do is just say no to the question about prior seiziure history.
    People lie all the time to get jobs what makes you think they will not lie about past seizures to get a clean bill of health.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2008
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TGarrie383

TGarrie383 Bobtail Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Grove City,Oh
    You should not lie about having seizure's to get a CDL and your Dr. has to turn in a letter to the DOT so it is on record. Plus if you get caught driving with a seizure condition you will charged with a felony just read the rules. They don't play around with seizures. I think you need read to hole DOT regulations you will learn alot of cool thing's about truck driving.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2008
    doubledragon5 Thanks this.
  4. doubledragon5

doubledragon5 Road Train Member

Jun 8, 2008
    Lewisville TX
    Agree one think to want and get your CDL, the other is to lie and get caught, then possibly go to jail...Worse you get into a accident, then they find out you had a prior seizure, end up hurting someone or even killing them, THEN GO STRAIGHT TO JAIL, DO NOT PASS GO, AND DON'T COLLECT ANYOMRE $$$

TGarrie383 and starvintrucker Thank this.
  5. TGarrie383

TGarrie383 Bobtail Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Grove City,Oh
    Well let's try this again

PEOPLE that have to lie to get a CDL shouldn't be driving a truck anyway. I don't like the choices that was handed to me but I'm not going to go out and lie about my seizure's to keep my CDL so I can keep driving, even if driving a truck was something I really loved doing but I'm not going to take a chance of killing my family and your family or anybodies family. And if THEY have to lie to get a CDL then THEY shouldn't be in a big truck.

I don't think I insulted anybody this time did I.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2008
  6. Lone Ranger 13

Lone Ranger 13 Road Train Member

Sep 27, 2012
    Asheville, NC
    Why does JB HUNT treat drivers this way?

7. Wicked Wizard

Wicked Wizard Heavy Load Member

Jul 15, 2008
    Northeast PA
    Great question Ranger! Here is my take on it.

I encourage anyone who is looking for work to check out their website and search for jobs in your zip code. They are opening warehouses all over the country so you can get home every night, not just 3 days a month. Check out their DCS and FMS divisions as well.

http://www.jbhunt.com/jobs/driver/

I work on the dedicated Home Depot account (DCS) and get home every day and weekends off every week and still gross well over 1,000.00 a week.

8. muledriver

muledriver Light Load Member

Aug 8, 2012
    Well I can say that one of our drivers in my account passed away last year and all the managers went to his funeral . As for getting workers comp that could be tricky considering the accident was caused buy a medical condition I would start applying for disability right away my dad went through this and it took him a year to get it so don't delay with that also if you took out the long term disability insurance you need to call the insurance company and get them started on processing your claim . From what I have heard something like 37 percent of working adults will become disabled for a period.of their life I Cary disability just in case .

9. muledriver

muledriver Light Load Member

Aug 8, 2012
    Another thing I find strange here is why were you running so hard you were not taking care of yourself its against company policy to drive tired or run over your hours . I have refused loads in the past because I was tired and have never been retaliated against I don't do it often I try to make sure I get my sleep I don't see why it was necessary to run until you had a seizure .

10. zentrucking

zentrucking Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2008
    Atlanta
    They must have bumped their recruitment bounty anyway, probably more money in that - than actually driving for them.

11. zentrucking

zentrucking Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2008
    Atlanta
    Funny how these desperate recruiters bump old threads just to reply to themselves ...

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.