DON’T LEASE

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by fcfightermma, Nov 13, 2021.

1. markealy

markealy Road Train Member

Jun 20, 2013
    EL PASO
    I could never go back as a company driver I sat home 2 weeks and still made this

Attached Files:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ibcalm19

ibcalm19 Road Train Member

Nov 30, 2015
    Pennsylvania
    I'm going to always be a company driver. I have it out with the owner everyday. We both say the same thing as we look(a strange resemblance) each other :D:D. "Mirror Mirror on the wall who's the fairest of them all":rolleyes::rolleyes: I am the best company driver of them all.:D:D

4. 48Packard

48Packard Ol' Two-stop Shag!

Apr 19, 2009
    Could be anywhere
    It’s worked well for me at Schneider. I worked ten months last year and made about $75k. Lots of time off helping with my elderly mom (in fact, I’m in CA for two weeks right now assisting her). As I live in the Carolinas, this works well for me. I don’t have the shackles of working for a company and needing to ask for time off. And at age 61, I really don’t want to go full OO at this point in my life.

One drawback is insurance. I’m on my wife’s plan, but our divorce will be final in October at which time I’ll have to pony up out of my own pocket to the tune of $1k plus per month. At that point, depending on my mom’s situation, I may go work something local with insurance benefits.

Bottom line for me is that I have options, but the money I’m making at Schneider is plenty good enough for me as things are currently.

Good luck!

brysol01, ibcalm19 and markealy Thank this.
  5. Heaveninamoment

Heaveninamoment Light Load Member

Oct 16, 2018
    Milky Way
    Cool

6. zaroba

zaroba Heavy Load Member

Aug 28, 2012
    South East PA
    1.5 years at TransAm and a year at JCT.
    Page 3 has a compilation of all the loaded and empty miles I ran for both companies (had every load logged on my laptop).

7. myersm3

myersm3 Bobtail Member

Apr 19, 2022
    You are absolutely right!
    I'm an Independent Dispatcher, and I make owner operators over $12,000 per week. Course a lot of dis honest drivers skip out on me without paying!

8. bertramnet

bertramnet Bobtail Member

Mar 14, 2021
    I would REALLY like to see something a little more recent. This industry has changed and is changing quickly.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.