Done with manufacturing time for a change

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by PapiFlex, Feb 22, 2020.

1. PapiFlex

PapiFlex Bobtail Member

Feb 17, 2020

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. PapiFlex

PapiFlex Bobtail Member

Feb 17, 2020
    Thank you for that definitely a lot to consider

4. PapiFlex

PapiFlex Bobtail Member

Feb 17, 2020
    My short term goal is to be my own boss therefore O/O is the path I’m going. When I say short term I don’t mean get my cdl then jump on new truck. I definitely will be working for other companies and going on the road with them and learn as much as possible before buying a rig. Short term could be years if I’m not ready but that is my goal why I say short term cause nothing else is acceptable for me (mindset). My old company shut down went and found my current job only position available nights 7pm-7am mandatory OT I’ve been working 60+ hrs a week for the past 4 months barely have family life as it is. Believe me this decision wasn’t spur of the moment just didn’t want to bore anyone with life story. I went and pulled the trigger today and gave my job my 2 weeks notice, no going back now. I’m all in lol

Hatt91 and Chinatown Thank this.
  5. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    YOU WILL be tired after driving in this industry. There is a special form of being tired if you run hard enough in this industry.

6. Wasted Thyme

Wasted Thyme Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2020
    GOAT watching
    You know the funny thing about driving, for me at least. Is I feel more energized after driving a long period of time. Mind you, if the seat sucks. I am stiff/sore...etc. But not tired. That of course is in a wheeler and not having to worry about all the idiot 4 wheelers like I USED to be long ago

7. Monkey in a truck

Monkey in a truck Bobtail Member

Jan 21, 2020
    16 hours driving a car is relaxing to me. 10 hours in a truck is tiring. Not overly hard, but I don't feel like going and playing a round of golf. If the weather sucks, 4 hours can be exhausting. It's different if you've never been in a truck.

Hatt91 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.