Don't be "this guy"

Discussion in 'Expediter and Hot Shot Trucking Forum' started by Just passing by, Nov 23, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tb0n3

Tb0n3 Road Train Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Earth
    14 hours 30 minutes to fly from Santiago, Chile to Sydney, Australia. 16,000 miles if you fly the direct over the north pole route on a flat earth. You'd have to fly 1100 mph to do that. Not to mention you might notice all the land you're flying over. It doesn't make sense.

not4hire Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Coffey

Coffey Heavy Load Member

May 14, 2019
    #### I never thought truckers did that I always thought it was out of service or something

4. Brandonpdx

Brandonpdx Road Train Member

Dec 27, 2007
    Elkhart, IN
    The “airplane stuff” I am not even going to pretend to know enough about to argue it one way or the other. Those discussions get bogged down quickly with minutiae and flight protocol that muddies the waters.

One possibly false assumption that both flat and globe earthers make is that any of the maps depicting what the earth looks like are accurate in the first place. My hunch is they are not but who knows.

Flat Earth Trucker Thanks this.
  5. not4hire

not4hire Road Train Member

May 16, 2012
    Calgary
    Except you're wrong... you can go to Antarctica if you want. Thousands of tourists have.

ETA: Just don't expect to be granted access to any of the various research stations there. Which is no different than not being granted access to any facility you want anywhere else in the world. But if you want to pack your bags and trek across Antarctica, by all means, have at it. Others have.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2019
    Tb0n3 Thanks this.
  6. Brandonpdx

Dec 27, 2007
    Elkhart, IN
    I’ll think about it.

I know there are certain areas tourists are allowed to visit under close supervision, but I wasn’t really talking about tourists, nor does the flat earth model deny Antarctica exists...only what shape it is. I still say there is something up with it, whatever shape the planet is.

7. Tb0n3

Tb0n3 Road Train Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Earth
    The only thing up with it is that it's desolate and extremely cold. Many have died trying to cross it.

8. Flat Earth Trucker

Flat Earth Trucker Road Train Member

Nov 19, 2018
    The shot in question, if I am not mistaken, comes from Indiana, Michigan.

"What you're seeing here is a mirage."

With flat Earth deniers, you can never trust what you can see with your own eyes.

9. Tb0n3

Tb0n3 Road Train Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Earth
    https://www.quora.com/Chicago-is-59...320-feet-below-the-horizon-How-can-it-be-seen

This is a very good explanation with an inferior mirage picture to show refraction at work and turning the city on its head.

10. Flat Earth Trucker

Flat Earth Trucker Road Train Member

Nov 19, 2018
  11. Brandonpdx

Dec 27, 2007
    Elkhart, IN
    Reads like propaganda from a typical mainstream media brainwashing outlet IMO. Sassy, full of digs and jabs at people who don’t agree must be too stupid to understand anything. Not very credible just based on that. Kind of like when Snopes or Popular Mechanics assures you that the WTC collapsed because of a pancake theory. Pfft...right. Everybody’s got something to sell I guess.

Flat Earth Trucker Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.