DONT CALL BROKERS

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by cali, Jun 6, 2016.

1. cali

cali Light Load Member

Sep 15, 2009
    santa ana.ca
    IS FOR YOUR OWN GOOD, DONT CALL NONE THESE BROKERS FOR A DAY OR SO ,LET THEM SWEAT
    A LITTLE UNTILL BECOMES A FAIR PLAY, YOU WONT SURVIVE ANY HOW IF KEEP BOOKING ANY FREIGHT FOR A DOLLAR PER MILE.

BoyWander, Grubby, kbron and 5 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Cummimgs Trucking LLC

Cummimgs Trucking LLC Light Load Member

Jun 20, 2015
    LOS ANGELES, CA
    And I totally agree. I just got asked to do a load straight with a customer that I met a couple of years ago through a broker. He wants me to pull a load from southern California up to San Fran. He got a quote from broker and the rate was crazy high! $1750 to be exact!!!! Owner Operators need to wake up and stop running these scamming broker's freight!!! They are taking every bit of half of the load, and after speaking with my guy, I know now that that is not a false statement.

Grubby, x1Heavy and bigmotor1212 Thank this.
  4. J.S.

J.S. Medium Load Member

Jun 27, 2015
    Texas
    To me there taking between fifty and eighty cents per mile with there could trolling eyes on a dollar. I don't think they'll ever settle. It is not the American way some people believe. Lord take us now!

Mike2633 Thanks this.
  5. cali

cali Light Load Member

Sep 15, 2009
    santa ana.ca
    AS MUCH AS IT HURTS, IM SPENDING $ 500/00 DIESEL ON MY WAY BACK HOME, THATS FINE , BUT THEY CANT NEVER HAVE THIS EQUIPMENT FOR FOR A DOLLAR PER MILE. PASSIT ALONG IF YOU LIKE IT SO WE CAN HAVE A DECENT WAY OUT OF THIS MESS CHEAP RATS HAD CREATED.

Grubby, Rocks, hunted and 1 other person Thank this.
  6. brsims

brsims Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Meadville, PA
    If you don't take that $1.00/mile freight, someone else (a mega or a foriegner) will take the same load for 0.80/mile.

Face it, they've won and we've lost. Too many drivers working too hard for far too little has created a situation. And since you can't get two truckers to agree on whether or not the blasted sun is up, the situation will not change now or ever.

Want rates to go up? Convince all the large carriers and foriegners to shut their trucks down for a week. Let me know how it works out for ya.

SChisholm, TallJoe, thejackal and 4 others Thank this.
  7. razor1983

razor1983 Medium Load Member

Jan 17, 2011
    What a great idea!! Why didn't we think of this before?

://

kbron and Canned Spam Thank this.
  8. truckthatpassesyouby

truckthatpassesyouby Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2015
    If you go home at the rate of $500, doesn't that reduce the profit from your last load by $500?

9. bigmotor1212

bigmotor1212 Light Load Member

Dec 20, 2014
    Of course it does. But no one is taking advantage of him. Some people still value their principles over money and are willing to make a stand.

DSK333, p608, BoyWander and 3 others Thank this.
  10. gokiddogo

gokiddogo Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    California outbound you don't even need to post your truck ... people always calling, "got any reefers in California??" I did 2 loads in my life out of there!!!!! Years ago!!! I don't run there!!!!!!!!

thejackal Thanks this.
  11. cali

cali Light Load Member

Sep 15, 2009
    santa ana.ca
    PASS THE WORD LETS STOP FOR A WEEK, AND BRING BACK THE DIGNITY TO THIS JOB,WE ALL LOOK LIKE A 3RD WOLD CONTRY FHIGHTING FOR FOOD,ITS UN ACCEPTABLE THAT A BROKER CAN HAVE A SAY ON WHAT YOU SHOULD MAKE WITH YOUR TRUCK( THEY HAVE THE FREIGHT BUT THEY NNED A TRUCK TO MOVE IT.)

SChisholm, Mmusic, kbron and 1 other person Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.