Don't do ats

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by clewis, Oct 15, 2017.

1. clewis

clewis Bobtail Member

Oct 15, 2017
    I just quit ats flatbed when you do a lease with them it's 13 months then you turn truck in and they charge you for repairs on the truck that are not needed to keep every penny you have in and account they can steal from you . You are treated like a company driver and they have a 130 precent turn over in lease purchase or drivers as they say and Holly will tell you there customers are first and drivers just fall into there loads. Guess they need to figure it out without the drivers you don't have customers. And they put there company trucks first like any company . I talked to alot of the old drivers that are with Anderson trucking and they say when the son was running the company it was a lot better but since the grandsons took over it has went way down hill there just out for the money. Don't get me wrong I made money for the time I was there but I had to ##### every week for good paying loads. If you put in for home time they can care less if you get home or not for that.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 2CAN

2CAN Medium Load Member

Jan 7, 2010
    Guess nobody ever told you that lease purchase deals usually only benefit the leasing company.

4. RedRover

RedRover Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2016
    Corsicana, TX
    Leasing is almost always a terrible idea. That said, I have spoken with ATS guys who were hauling the exact same loads that I was and looked at what they were making for that particular load and also looked at their settlements for several weeks(I never question trucker stories unless they are about money, then I call ######## without seeing the settlements being consistent over time)...

They were making, to a man, 60% more than Swift was paying me for the same loads. And coming out of that area freight was terrible, but they all had turn and burn loads back out of there to the east coast with like 30 stops for Walmart on them. They were hauling van loads, not specialized or OD flatbed loads. And they were running less or the same miles I was, to make 60% more than I was. None of them had any sense of urgency to haul ### and stack up a ton of money. They weren't even particularly chasing miles at all.

I would never sign another lease, but at the same time, I'd find it hard to believe that a person wasn't successful leasing at ATS unless it was at least partially if not entirely their own fault.

Bo Hunt Thanks this.
  5. Bo Hunt

Bo Hunt Light Load Member

Aug 6, 2015
    It's a 12 month lease, not 13. I don't even get offered the #### loads I hauled as a company driver with them. The turnover rate you quote is false (ATS has one of lowest in industry).
    Their shop is crooked, but shop managers have gotten fired. My last time through was not painful like it used to be.
    My solution is to go through the dealership in town. Will spec out for you and ATS shop never touches it (even decals/Qualcomm install are done at dealer).

6. Bo Hunt

Bo Hunt Light Load Member

Aug 6, 2015
    Treated like company driver? I'm calling bs on that as well.

7. Oldironfan

Oldironfan Road Train Member

May 22, 2017
    Is ATS owned by Schnieder now?

8. Rooster1291979

Rooster1291979 Road Train Member

Sep 4, 2012
    NOLA
    No. ATS is privately owned by the Anderson's

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.