Don't Even Give Them a Chance

Discussion in 'Western Express' started by Elcheese, Apr 13, 2018.

1. brsims

brsims Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Meadville, PA
    Your DM is delaying in the hopes you will miss orientation at your next company and will be forced to stay with Wester Express. It's an old trick, and amazingly effective. Put your foot down. Truck is going to Nashville, loaded or empty.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. RustyBolt

RustyBolt Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    Bement, IL
    ^^^^ Agreed!

And @Elcheese , get fuel using their card. You might find that it's already turned off. If not, fill up and roll. If it is, then you know they are trying to screw you. Put what you need in it to get to the terminal and roll.

4. Elcheese

Elcheese Bobtail Member

Oct 11, 2017
    My position at the other company should be secure, I've been in contact with a recruiter the whole time letting him know what's going on with me and getting assurances that I can attend orientation whenever.

After arguing with my current dm earlier I got the approval to deadhead to my last pickup for them which I'm gonna take to a small town a little ways north of Nashville and then deadhead to the terminal after. I should be done with Western by tomorrow afternoon.

5. Elcheese

Elcheese Bobtail Member

Oct 11, 2017

Last edited: Apr 25, 2018
    Reason for edit: I don't know how this ob got here
    born&raisedintheusa Thanks this.
  6. born&raisedintheusa

born&raisedintheusa Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2012
    Just how does Western Express stay in business operating the way they do?

God bless every American and their families! God bless the U.S.A.!

Veryblessed Thanks this.
  7. DSK333

DSK333 Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2018
    Pennsyltucky
    Read their ads on Craigslist. I guess false advertising is no longer illegal.

Midnightrider909 and Veryblessed Thank this.
  8. brsims

brsims Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Meadville, PA
    "Second Chance" carrier. They take students and those who can't get a job anywhere else. They PREFER those who are trapped by circumstance. Three time losers and rookies who can't bounce out until they have enough experience.

Failed drug tests, rollovers, criminal and driving records that other carriers won't touch...all these get a position at Western Express. At least until they can prove themselves worthy of another shot at a better carrier. Some make it out, others are stuck. Pretty much a rolling prison labor camp.

9. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    make sure you have fuel.....they'll cut you off. These people are as low as it gets

Veryblessed Thanks this.
  10. Elcheese

Elcheese Bobtail Member

Oct 11, 2017
    Update: made it out of the clutches of Western Express a little over a week ago. I'm now with Kkw trucking, seems like a little known company on here but first impressions seem really impressive to me. They flew me out to la from Nashville for a paid two day orientation and started me out at 41 cpm and sign on bonus because of where I live. Driving a very nice and low milage automatic volvo.

11. Atlanta trucker

Atlanta trucker Road Train Member

Jan 25, 2017
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.