dont ever drive for MCLEOD EXPRESS

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by truckenregret, Oct 5, 2014.

1. White Dog

White Dog Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2008
    Iowa
    Truck driving is stressful enough without having to FIGHT for home-time. This is such a ridiculous issue in this day and age.; why do trucking companies STILL feel like this is acceptable?
    I'm so glad I no longer have to deal with companies like this.

Brickwall and pattyj Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    Sad companies can't see how important hometime is to drivers,especially the ones that do their dispatchers favors.

Brickwall Thanks this.
  4. Preacher Man

Preacher Man Road Train Member

May 31, 2008
    Mason City, IL
    So how many end dumps are being turned into side dumps? My experience with them was that if they ran the dump division the way they ran their vans, it would be a royal mess.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2015
  5. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    That makes at least two of us. I like punching out and going home on Friday, and forgetting about that place until Monday morning.

Lonesome Thanks this.
  6. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    That's because it doesn't make good financial sense to allow the cash cows to take time off. :rolleyes:

7. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    Well companies are feeling the pinch because they're having a harder time finding and keeping drivers and serves them right too.Companies could make a lot more money if they were on top of the available loads and always have a pre load so drivers don't have to wait hrs for the load info.Then they could let drivers go home without making a big stink about it and everyone is happy.

Brickwall Thanks this.
  8. angrybob

angrybob Bobtail Member

Jan 15, 2018
    I spent 8 years at McLeod.... I used to tell drivers who came looking for miles that they "pay you to be available" that's why they give a pay guarantee.... and Valerie is awesome at getting your detention pay....
    Then after 8 years, on a holiday weekend, when my wife was out of town.... they fire me over ONE customer complaint (after I insisted on the customer doing what THEY said they wanted done) and not only did they terminate me, but they DISABLED THE TRACTOR so that I couldn't even dropthe empty trailer... or go 15 miles to my house and clean out my truck... I had to rent a friggin UHaul (cuz it was a holiday and there were no rentals available) and come back to get my gear... after 8 years and being "Driver of the Year" these guys SUCK HARD FALIC MEMBERS

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.