Don't go there try CR England instead!

Discussion in 'Stevens' started by grandmadebe, Jan 7, 2008.

1. Burky

Burky Road Train Member

I believe the answer to your question would be "Tip"!!!!

Not so sure about the "right mind" part though.....

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. hoosiernva

hoosiernva Bobtail Member

Dec 21, 2007
    VA
    This will be my last post here as I have more of a life than Tip and others who live here.

This may be a great place for some, but, I see great contridiction on this site. If you look in the good company side and bad company side you see the same companies.

You see a few trying to conquer the many, won't happen.

Good luck to all and to all a good night.

No need to post any replies as I will not be back.:biggrin_2553::biggrin_25514::biggrin_25522::biggrin_25513:

4. Burky

Burky Road Train Member

Well, I hate to see you leave. Granted, Tip gives very poor advice and displays little knowledge of trucking, but he has been consistently doing that as long as he has been on the site. It's so steady that you can count on it, and as long as you take an opposite tack from whatever he suggests, it won't harm you at all.

There is a lot of good here to be found, plenty of useful advice from actual experienced people, and you shouldn't let the loudly overstated opinions of one person with minimal experience deter you from tapping into that resource.

Kindly reconsider your decision to leave.

5. Tip

Tip Tipster

Mar 18, 2006
    ON STRIKE
    Me? Give somebody bad advice? A claim coming from a guy who gives O/O advice to newbie company drivers; a guy who is entrenched in a niche and has been for so long he's obviously forgotten what OTR is like.

You missed your chance, man. You should have told these guys I've been giving this supposedly bad advice since '71.

6. KMLAQ

KMLAQ Light Load Member

Nov 18, 2007
    Wilmington, NC
    Thanks again for a good laugh. This reminds me of the saying "Those who can, do. Those who can't, teach"

7. Hitman

Hitman Mr. Gamer

Sep 5, 2006
    Tioga, PA
    Just an obsevation hoosier, but if you're going to let the comments of one poster run you off, and you're getting into the trucking industry, you better grow some thicker skin my friend, or the C.R Englands of this world will chew you up and spit you out.

8. hoosiernva

hoosiernva Bobtail Member

Dec 21, 2007
    VA
    I drove back in the mid 90's so I do understand the industry. I let my CDL drop in a DMV mix up and now have to go back to school to get it back. I personally think that until you experience it yourself you will never know. "One man's trash is another man's treasure" , that's the way I see it.

Thanks

9. Tip

Tip Tipster

Mar 18, 2006
    ON STRIKE
    You'd be crazy to leave. Don't let anyone run you off. Stick around, as this is a #### good site with some great advice. Besides, you really do need to grow some thick skin to thrive in this world.

Some of us here don't see this site as a watering hole where the locals come in and shoot the ####. You'll have to accept these different viewpoints. I personally see it as being more akin to an airport terminal. Some faces are the same from day to day, but most are just passin' through.

And, of course, I myself believe that he who relies on a website for his 'relationships' with people is someone who needs to reevaluate. Such a person is obviously in dire need of a good lay. No one should be coming here seeking "buddies". One should come here expecting to find only good advice.

To each his own.

10. grandmadebe

grandmadebe Light Load Member

Dec 5, 2007
    Denver, CO
    :biggrin_25526:

I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooo happy I did not go to Stevens and I am still at CR England see my other thread to hear about my adventure so far and where to find the Best Apple Pie in the World.

Happy Sunday!

11. jar_head_johnny

jar_head_johnny Bobtail Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Yale, MI
    I start my training this Sunday (27 July) with CR England in Burns Harbor, Indiana. I have read many a CRE post and I do thank you all for the input. I may be wrong going there, but I will take the advice of 99% of you...company driver...NOT O/O. I feel if I eventually want to go O/O then a few years OTR experience as a Company driver should better me when that time comes nearer. Thank you again and I can only hope/pray that I am that diamond in the rough and have a good post about them. Regardless...I will keep you all informed.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.