Dont GO to DOMENICO

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by MichaelVGrigsby, Jul 31, 2007.

1. NaturalMan

NaturalMan Bobtail Member

Apr 11, 2015
    OK so here is what I know about Domenico based on what my cousin tells me who has worked there since 9/14, he runs short regional, average run is 600 miles, 2200 to 2500 miles a week, hourly pay is 21.49, my cuz makes an average of $1200 a week, 5 days on with the same 2 days off every week. The company has several ex and current drivers who manage the company and treat the drivers with respect, no hassles, no BS. The freight is groceries to Safeway, 2 or 3 stops per run and all palletized, no touch freight. My cuz is happy there and plans on staying. Like any review on this type of forum, it is always best to check it out for yourself, meaning no matter a positive or negative review from someone you don't know, spend a few minutes for yourself checking out the company even with a phone call, most of us can spot a BS'er pretty #### quick, good luck.

Milkman719 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Kindle

Kindle Medium Load Member

Oct 6, 2012
    Charlotte, NC
    Let's see, 1 post- check, just joined this forum-check, yea I'll take your post with a lot of faith. Sorry NaturalMan(ager)

PhillipJSmith and skyviper73 Thank this.
  4. NaturalMan

Apr 11, 2015
    The whole point of my short post was to suggest not taking words at face value, yours or mine, your weak and negative sarcasm only shows another example of shooting from the hip or rather mouth with no knowledge to back it up. Again the point was to suggest checking out any company on your own, why give that decision up to someone who can write anything good or bad on a blog, kinda like your response, one that has no real useful value only a negative judgment based on little evidence. Someone like you Kindle who has only one year in trucking should mind your manners, Hey look I've got two posts now, does that mean I am catching up to you and one day I will be almost as good as you?

5. WitchingHour

WitchingHour Road Train Member

Apr 1, 2011
    Broomfield, CO
    His sarcasm is the result of skepticism. I mean, just look at the flip side here... you came out of nowhere, your first post was about a specific company in an old thread which has recently gone active... in this thread has been posts from someone who registered with a company email address, and it's not something which has been unknown to happen in the past.
    Not trying to bust your balls here, just letting you know where it's coming from. Yeah, it's pretty suspect, whether that suspicion is expressed to you in the form of sarcasm or otherwise.

PhillipJSmith and Kindle Thank this.
  6. Kindle

Kindle Medium Load Member

Oct 6, 2012
    Charlotte, NC
    I appreciate your well worded response NaturalMan(ager) and felt compelled to respond because, well hey it's fun. First I'd like to congratulate you on your second post. Second, well it is true I only have 1 1/2 years exp driving a truck. Before that I worked in residential construction for 25 years, mostly framing. So given that, I have no manners. I'm a framer driving a truck now so I'll not mind my manners.I do have a BS meter. You're a fraud. Your main problem with your post(s) is you should have misspelled a few words and not used punctuation marks. It would have given a little more credibility. Oh, and ....................................... (so the mods don't have to edit later).

7. 2Girls_1Truck

2Girls_1Truck Medium Load Member

May 18, 2014
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Produce Man and Natural Man both have REMARKABLY similar writing style... The incorrect use of commas, to separate, items, in a list, and run, on, sentences, would have been grounds for a plagiarism investigation in university.

I'd wager my hat that these 2 posters are one and the same, or perhaps they shared a high school English teacher (who failed them both).

skyviper73 and Kindle Thank this.
  8. Criminey Jade

Criminey Jade Road Train Member

Aug 16, 2013
    Not Colorado Anymore
    I was turned off on Domenico after I was referred to them at a job fair. I sent a good resume, spotless MVR and other documents requested by the company. The conversation got two emails deep and then nothing. They never bothered to tell me why I didn't qualify even though I met their criteria. They just kept running their job listing on CL. That was a nice waste of my time.

Milkman719 Thanks this.
  9. 2Girls_1Truck

2Girls_1Truck Medium Load Member

May 18, 2014
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    I'd recommend getting used to that... Increasingly companies have a "don't call us, we'll call you" attitude. Online applications and email conversations make it even easier to deny, ignore and forget that a real, live person sent all that info across and is waiting to hear back. So many job ads include the blurb: "we thank everyone for their interest and applying, but only successful applicants will be contacted".

If I was emailing a recruiter and their emails dropped off like that, darn tootin' I would pick up the phone and make them awkwardly tell me the reason I'd been passed over. I discovered my first employer was making up stories about me during reference checks by doing exactly that.

10. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    It is highly illegal to "make up stories" in that manner. You could have had a slander lawsuit against that outfit.

All they're allowed to say is "yes they worked here, no we wouldn't hire them back".

11. NaturalMan

Apr 11, 2015
    Interesting that comments so far are only concerned with # of posts, who I might "really" be, and English grammar. Not believable because I didn't misspell a few words? Now that is too funny, perhaps you could find another movie to your liking besides "Dumb and Dumber? If I had misspelled a word or two, then you might have chastised me for not using spell check, but don't fret I understand and have empathy for those mired in negative thinking, hard to change isn't it?

Shall I repeat myself......I'll risk it. Don't let someone else make decisions for you, use your own thinking, don't follow but lead yourself................or should that be spelled "led"?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.