Don't set your brakes!!!

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Catman131, Feb 14, 2017.

1. KB3MMX

KB3MMX Road Train Member

Dec 29, 2014
    Orrstown, PA
    You're not supposed to set your brakes on the scale..... Most all scales you're supposed to release them entirely until the scale stabilizes

RockinChair Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Braliv96

Braliv96 Bobtail Member

Nov 3, 2023
    I'll go ahead and add my 2 cents here, for context I work as a weighmaster for a customer and we have scales on our property. For us, drivers do need to park on our scales and check in/check out with scale offices right next to our scales. IF you have to pull on a scale and set brakes, only set the tractor brakes and not the trailer brakes. That will put too much weight on your steers if you have air ride suspension and it will give you an inaccurate steers weight. If you're just pulling on the CAT scales at a travel center then there is no need to set brakes because you're not getting out of your truck. Just pull on the scale GENTLY and hold the brake pedal down. Please have respect for the scales that service you. Drive slowly and brake softly on scales, and never slide tandems when on the scale. Thank you for all the work that you do! This country goes nowhere without you.

RockinChair Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.