Don't take loads from Coyote.

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Beaver9, Sep 14, 2020.

1. Beaver9

Beaver9 Heavy Load Member

Jun 15, 2020
    Booked a load for two pickups and one drop off. I showed up before my appointment, 7 am. At 1 pm, I still waited for them to load me. The shipper changed POs. I wouldn't make it for delivery. So, I called the broker to take off the second load which contained just 21 cases. No, they didn't take off the second load. With no hours, they wanted to reschedule the pick up for the second load on the next day, and then again the delivery for the following day. I was supposed to do the delivery at 3 am and be empty on Tuesday.

Around 1:30 pm I decided not to take it. So, they removed a portion of the load which was already loaded.
    After leaving, I found the trailer dirty and smelly. They let the cheese out. So, I had to clean the trailer.

Only told I will be reimbursed $250. How does that cover the truck/trailer rental for that day? How does that cover the driver's work and paying to have the trailer cleaned?

I started my day at 5 am in the morning. I was done at 5 pm.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2020
    BUMBACLADWAR Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. p608

p608 Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2016
    If you're pissed now wait until they stiff you for the 250 bucks.

4. Kshaw0960

Kshaw0960 Road Train Member

Jun 17, 2018
    First off, welcome to trucking. You must be new in the area of getting loads yourself. This happens all the time regardless of brokers. You will get screwed like this every once in awhile. Coyote is actually a pretty respected broker and I’ve hauled many loads for them. I know $250 doesn’t seem fair but unfortunately that’s how the game is played. Overtime you’ll accrue a list of bad shippers, receivers, and brokers.

Wespipes, Vampire, alds and 2 others Thank this.
  5. GreenPete359

GreenPete359 Road Train Member

Oct 21, 2017
    Driving my recliner
    True story

shooter19802003 and Beaver9 Thank this.
  6. Siinman

Siinman Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2017
    Kansas City, MO.
    I have done one load with them over the two years I have been set up with them. Pick and Drop was great but the #### app was messed up and claimed I dropped the day before and somehow said it was missing stuff from the load. Took me 3.5 weeks to get paid on a quick pay load/48 Hours. The rep was great so cant complain on that. Just a bad experience with the app issue.

Beaver9 Thanks this.
  7. DUNE-T

DUNE-T Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Detroit, MI
    Have you worked with TQL yet?

8. Siinman

Siinman Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2017
    Kansas City, MO.
    I have had better luck with TQL but the 3-4 hours before getting detention is bull.

9. Beaver9

Jun 15, 2020
    Not even that. The reefer was working continuously. They kept the door open for hours! And I had to pay for the tolls.

10. Beaver9

Jun 15, 2020
    TQL was great so far.

11. BUMBACLADWAR

BUMBACLADWAR Road Train Member

Dec 5, 2013
    I had a bad experience with Coyote back around 2008 in Omaha. Was supposed to be picking up "scrap batteries", which need no placards because they're being sold as "scrap metal". Go figure. Called DOT...it's True.Anyway got into a bit of a pickle "trying to get into the sob". Cell phone wouldn't work,cars on both sides of a curvy side street and a low hanging cable line at a nearly abandoned makeshift strip mall. The shipper seen me trying to turn around. Instead of offering to help. Says,who you picking up for? I say Coyote. He radios to someone. "Loads been cancelled". I really Didn't Care.I was hourly driver doing a backhaul.Just remembered the name Coyote.Lol

Beaver9 and Speed_Drums Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.