DOT Audit

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by LogsRus, Jun 14, 2007.

1. buck and a half

buck and a half Mr. Miles & Miles with Many Smiles

Aug 11, 2006
    madison,me
    Everything gets so complicated,if i worked for a company that does not let me log off duty for lunch breaks,I just put it into the sleeper,if they dot want to get picky,I tell them that when I fuel up,I get a sandwich or lunch on the run,no problem there. When I load or unload,I log 15 mins to dock and 15 to undock,shut doors and get the heck out of there,if theres no time on my slip,I show the sleeper berth deal last for whatever time ,if a time on loading,I am still in sleeper in between,not wasting my on duty hrs but sure eating up my 14. I really try not to split break unless I have to,but I figure my whole trip and log it in my head and write down when I will hit chicago or a rush hour,so I won't be stuck in it,and still be on time for my appt.. If you plan your whole trip logging is easier,but i do log it as I do it. If I run 5 hrs straight ,I will flag a safety ck when I stop to whiz or chk the tires etc.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ruggrat007

ruggrat007 <strong>Ms. Diplomacy</strong>

May 30, 2007
    So. Louisiana
    Hey logs, been gone a bit and wanted to know how the audit's going. Has it even started yet? Still pulling for you girl. Good luck!!!!!!!!:yes2557:

4. LogsRus

LogsRus Log it Legal

Nov 23, 2006
    Indianapolis, Indiana

Nope it hasn't started yet, this week:biggrin_25511: Thanks for asking. I am very nervous about it all as anyone should be :).

I haven't been around much either, been working and trying to relax some and well this whole break up things seems to be getting a little tougher:biggrin_2552: so I am out for a great week!

5. buck and a half

buck and a half Mr. Miles & Miles with Many Smiles

Aug 11, 2006
    madison,me
    Imagine your company must be in on them,,don't believe my former boss in maine got anywhere near a two week notice.I do know they were strambling and had to use a certain percent of drivers for audits,I was one that he used to help him out. My logging was fine,he said. I know he got a 12000 dollar fine,was 15000 but lawyer got it down to 12000. They don't play. If you go out and get your own authority in maine,you will have been audited fully in the first 6 months,no fines ,just warnings and tell you what they want in a year or so,those later ones are the costly ones. I have several friends that have personally been thru this in maine.

6. ruggrat007

May 30, 2007
    So. Louisiana
    Hang in there girl, I know how you feel. I've been going through some stupid #### myself. The sun always pops out after the rain and clouds. It's a meteorological fact.lol:yes2557:

7. LogsRus

LogsRus Log it Legal

Nov 23, 2006
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Thanks everyone! I appreciate all the support. The fun is to begin tomorrow, I so hope it is over Friday, but I am thinking it won't be.
    But I came home to get a good night sleep. Would someone drag me away from the computer though:biggrin_25510:

8. ruggrat007

May 30, 2007
    So. Louisiana
    Scram get out of here!!!!!!!!!!!:biggrin_25516: We don't want ya!!!!!!!!!:biggrin_25510: How's that?

9. notarps4me

notarps4me Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2007
    NASA HQ
    Hey Logs, when DOT comes in just use one of my old lines with them. I don't have time to mess with you today; I got freight to move!:biggrin_2556::biggrin_25523:

10. 25(2)+2

25(2)+2 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 18, 2006
    the road less travelled

I'd tell you to shut it down and go to bed but it doesn't work for me, either.

Good luck with the audit, you will be fine when it's over.

11. LogsRus

LogsRus Log it Legal

Nov 23, 2006
    Indianapolis, Indiana

I guess it worked cause I didn't even read it until now and I went to bed shortly after I typed it.:biggrin_25525:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.