DOT Audit

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by LogsRus, Jun 14, 2007.

1. LogsRus

LogsRus Log it Legal

Nov 23, 2006
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Anyhow and update for today:

Well they are doing things different but I think we are ok, we just had to pull a bunch of drivers who had randoms and he will check to make sure you "drivers" logged them on line 4 and make sure it did not interrupt a break of any kind. We are usually pretty good with those. Then he is pulling drivers with crashes and inspections and about 10 more drivers.

So guys/gals! LOG LEGAL PLEASE FOR ME AND YOUR LOVELY SWEET AUDITOR:biggrin_255:

Seriously remember anytime you do something for the company it is being matched to the logs for location and line 4!

Ok so I am tired as I worked 8:00 to 10:00 and I am tired of talking logs :biggrin_2554:

We did have some fun though, at least he can joke some!:biggrin_25526:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ruggrat007

ruggrat007 <strong>Ms. Diplomacy</strong>

May 30, 2007
    So. Louisiana
    Hope everything keeps going well logs. Look forward to hearing more.

4. LogsRus

LogsRus Log it Legal

Nov 23, 2006
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Oh you will hear all about my suffering days until this is over. If I have to suffer you all have to suffer and hear me out:biggrin_2559:
    No really I will let everyone know just what they are looking for and stuff to help the drivers & office workers out. I sure wish I would of known the "new" way they audit, new it was coming though.

Off to the wonderfull DOT world today! Grrr these long days, I will be taking a week off VERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRYYYYYYYYYYYYYY SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNN!:biggrin_25525:

5. SafetyBabe

SafetyBabe Bobtail Member

Jan 23, 2007
    Homestead
    I have been going through at least 1 audit a week (New Entrant Audits) for my clients and I know what exhaustion feels like. They are definitely doing things different now.

Where I used to work at the big R an audit would last at least a week and at least 4 DOT auditors would come and keep me company. :biggrin_25510:

Keep it up girl! You KNOW your stuff and it's all a numbers game, what they are looking for is "do you have system's in place to correct problems?" and I know that the answer to that question is a huge "YES" for you.

Keep us posted! :biggrin_25526:

6. LogsRus

LogsRus Log it Legal

Nov 23, 2006
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    We normally do have a system in place, but JJ keller had to umm do a major upgrade to their system and totally messed us all up so bad we had to get a new program, therefore making us behind. I am fairly impressed with how caught up we are with the situation we encountered, but I am not sure they will be.

Yeah they are doing it different and now I sure know what to expect if it happens again soon! But if you have 2,000 drivers how do you ever audit every driver as far as tolls,scales etc go?? I mean that is crazy. Fuel, HOS, daily requirements, randoms, alcohol, accidents & inspections yes that is possible on all 2,000 but to do everything on every driver you would need @ least 20 log auditors (and they better be good fast one's:biggrin_255:, like me).

Thanks, I have been at it a while but you just never know especially with my last audit it was very tough and turned out ok, but not perfect like I want. I just want a good girl you are doing a great job from the boss! That's all:yes2557::biggrin_25510:

Thanks for the support, anymore advice? So what do you do exactly?

7. LogsRus

LogsRus Log it Legal

Nov 23, 2006
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Went fairly smooth. They checked my randoms and guess everything is ok there, don't see why not we tell every driver to log them. Not every driver is loggin them, but we don't get them on their breaks (at least 95%) or home time so we should turn out 99.9 on them.

They haven't done the audits on the specific drivers yet. I feel everything is great/ok, I am not perfect with the situation I have encountered of the log programs (THANKS JJ KELLER:biggrin_25516:), but I know deep down we try to stress legal and legal and legal and legal at our company that I don't see how we could ever fail one.

I got to leave @ 5:00 pm today. YES that was very weird. The little one (almost 9 year old girl) has driven me nuts and I wonder why I am wanting to be home :biggrin_2552:.

So yeah that's my today, now tomorrow will probably be focused on me, grrrr.
    It looks like Monday or Tuesday and it will be over.

Thanks for listening. The most important thing here is the outcome, but I want you drivers to know what your lovely, sweet, innocent, mean auditors go through during this time (laughing gal isn't here right now??) :).
    :biggrin_255::biggrin_25526::yes2557:

8. Lucky142

Lucky142 <strong>"Give A Hoot"</strong>

Jun 19, 2007
    Spokane, WA - USA

Good practice as time can get away from you when you are on the go all the time.

9. GuysLady

GuysLady Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jun 20, 2007
    The eye of the storm....
    Been in your shoes Logs! Hate it! Would a hug help?

Bonnie

10. Lucky142

Lucky142 <strong>"Give A Hoot"</strong>

Jun 19, 2007
    Spokane, WA - USA
    Tough job sometimes. Just leave the job behind when you go home at night and worry about it while at work. Life is too short not to enjoy it as best we can. Good luck on the finals.

11. LogsRus

LogsRus Log it Legal

Nov 23, 2006
    Indianapolis, Indiana

Everything is not quoting, but count over 14 hours from the time you enter lines 3 or 4 on your "log clock" and make a mark. If you drive past that mark you are in violation of your 14 hour rule. You can not drive more than 11 hours in the time frame you started and the time your 14 hour ended. Now you can split break, different subject. You must have 8 hours in the SLEEPER to drive past that 14 hour mark!

That's the easiest way to put it all! Pretty simple, you have 14 hours from the time you enter lines 3 or 4 from your last 10 hour break or more to get your 11 hours of driving in. Now you can split break, different subject , but to drive past that 14 hour mark you must have @ LEAST 8 hours in the SLEEPER! You must prepare you self to say you are split breaking. If you use an 8 hour break to EXTEND your 14 hour you must say you are split breaking and if you don't thye could techinically write you up.

Not sure if I rambled for the good or bad? I am wondering cause of the poll and my little one asking me 100 ?'s at 11:00 pm?? grrrrr, where is the mommy time?:biggrin_25521:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.